So what's on your *insert your holiday* menu this year?

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Sue

So what's on your *insert your holiday* menu this year?

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 pm

I have decided on ginger glazed ham, Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce, whipped potatoes, green beans with pancetta, yeast rolls, cream pie. Maybe a few other odds and ends.
How about you?

Kchurchill5

Re: So what's on your *insert your holiday* menu this year?

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 am

Sounds delicious Sue!

Me, my son chooses Xmas Eve for he and I, although his gf is coming.
He like my grilled pork tenderloin, grilled portabellos, fettuccine alfredo; probably some crab or shrimp to start. NO desserts for us.

Xmas Day - I made enough T-day food for me. I usually stop over at a friends for a quick cocktail, and a couple of munchies. They had a mid day open house. I will have turkey, gravy, roasted potatoes I think, stuffing; and some veggie, cranberry sauce too. All except the veggie in the freezer.

NY's Eve - party; but, About 40; but, we all one another, kids too are welcome. It is usually outside; and lots of food is grilled.

NY's Day, a friends open house; but, I don't stay long, just to say hi.
I want to smoke something; and, have that for dinner I think. I'm thinking doing some thick chops and maybe some salmon too to amberjack if my friend catches some.

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Our Christmas menu:

Shrimp or Crab Cocktail
LindasBusyKitchen's Elise's Roast Leg Of Lamb (became our Christmas dinner tradition four years ago)
Christmas Rice (red rice with pecans, orange zest and dried cranberries-I will try to post the recipe here later)
My Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar
KUW's Cranberry Christmas Cake

We used to do a seafood feast for Christmas Eve (carrying on my late mil's tradition) but we are going to a potluck party this year.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Mmmmmm, this thread is making me hungry already.

My brother is hosting the Xmas dinner this year so it will be a surprise. It feels so weird not hosting the dinner, I feel lost, lol.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:02 pm

We will have our standard fare for Xmas, Yule and New years.

Balsamic Carmalized Onion and Double Smoked Bacon

Bite Me Pretzel Dip

Cheryl's Comforting Macaroni and Cheese

Lemonade for Adults

Shadow's Beer Boiled Shrimp

Stuffed French Loaf

Along with other goodies , we place thers out to graze on all day long for the holidays!

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 am

Everybody's meals sound so good. I'm making the traditional brown sugar and honey glazed ham, green beans, corn, sweet potato biscuits with orange-honey butter http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet- ... tter-16380, stuffed cranberry sauce slices http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/stuffe ... lices-6839, and my mother-in-law's cheesecake.