Post by CoffeeLover » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:44 am

I freeze alot of my cookies.
Chocolate chip
snickerdoodles
oatmeal
shortbread
Gooeybutter
I always bake ahead for the holidays!!
I will even make my cut out cookies ahead and freeze then thaw out to decorate...

invictus

Re: Cookie Help Please!

Post by invictus » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:20 am

I forgot to mention that I freeze all of my cookies. I usually fill our cookie jar and then freeze the rest. I've never had trouble with any cookies that I've frozen.

The_Swedish_Chef

Post by The_Swedish_Chef » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Kizzikate wrote:I am attending a cookie exchange next weekend with holiday cookies. My electric mixer is broken! I need recipe ideas for cookies that can be mixed by hand.... and that are freezable. Since we are having the exchange so early, the hostess has asked that they be either freezable or storable until Christmas. Thanks!
kizzi, dear:

I don't think I've ever used a mixer to make cookies! I was taught that it whips too much air into the dough. As you know, I bake-bake-bake for fun, and that's a whole pile of hand-stirred cookies.

The ones that I make often and were sure fire HITS at my friend's bake sale this weekend were : shortbread; molasses crinkles; and snickerdoodles. She sold out of everything in one day; had requests by the woman running the show for her to make MORE for sale on Sunday.

All recipes come from Betty Crocker.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Do you like Chocolate?

I just made these they are so quick and easy - you can make ahead and freeze the little balls and use as desired

http://www.food.com/recipe/saucepan-fudgies-128974