Mini Thanksgiving

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

lovinretirement

Re: Mini Thanksgiving

Post by lovinretirement » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Sue wrote:I am chained to the city for the holiday while I close out the condo at the end of the month.
Sarah can't come until Christmas since she has to work the next morning.
No one is coming from out of town as either cant travel or already have other plans.
I'd like to do something special for just Bill and me since we will be busy anyway and wonder what anyone has for great small ideas. Doesn't have to be turkey or big, but I do special. Cost is no object.
If you have ideas for things to make or cook, throw them at me.
I am looking for inspiration, please?
How do you rock dinner for 2 people?
For a really easy salad substitution, try my Stuffed Cranberry Sauce Slices
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/stuffe ... lices-6839. They couldn't be easier and are very tasty.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:58 pm

lovinretirement wrote:
Sue wrote:I am chained to the city for the holiday while I close out the condo at the end of the month.
Sarah can't come until Christmas since she has to work the next morning.
No one is coming from out of town as either cant travel or already have other plans.
I'd like to do something special for just Bill and me since we will be busy anyway and wonder what anyone has for great small ideas. Doesn't have to be turkey or big, but I do special. Cost is no object.
If you have ideas for things to make or cook, throw them at me.
I am looking for inspiration, please?
How do you rock dinner for 2 people?
For a really easy salad substitution, try my Stuffed Cranberry Sauce Slices
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/stuffe ... lices-6839. They couldn't be easier and are very tasty.
OMG this looks good I'm going to give this a test run for xmas and it's so easy also..
If you can eat, you can make it!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Sue for some strange reason your post is not showing up in holidays/general must be some bug, it can only be viewed when you click onto it on the main page.. I would like to move it to All About Food, would that be okay with you? let me know and I will go ahead...
If you can eat, you can make it!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:13 pm

I have to have poultry on Tday no mater what.
Prime rib sounds good.
I have a duchess spud recipe posted too, always pretty.

I do like lobster but not for Tday ... for me that is.

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Mikekey wrote:We have done the game hen thing, and also roast duck. Or just the duck breasts, pan seared with a port wine sauce.

After posting this, I realized I hadn't posted the recipe for duck breasts on this site, so I did so and it was just approved. If anyone is interested, here it is:

Duck Breast with Port Wine Blackberry Sauce

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Last time I did T'day for 2 people...which was a long, long time ago, I did duck. I love duck, but I don't do it just for me. If I eat it, I just eat it out. But, for two people, I think it's an excellent choice. Some super sides have already been given, and I might be inclined to go with Kitten's Duchess potatoes for one side.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Kittencal wrote:Sue for some strange reason your post is not showing up in holidays/general must be some bug, it can only be viewed when you click onto it on the main page.. I would like to move it to All About Food, would that be okay with you? let me know and I will go ahead...
Sure. :)

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Mikekey wrote:
Mikekey wrote:We have done the game hen thing, and also roast duck. Or just the duck breasts, pan seared with a port wine sauce.

After posting this, I realized I hadn't posted the recipe for duck breasts on this site, so I did so and it was just approved. If anyone is interested, here it is:

Duck Breast with Port Wine Blackberry Sauce
I might try this sometime when I come across some blackberries (fresh). I need to get an extra freezer before I try buying frozen ones. This new freezer is dead tiny.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I have to have poultry on Tday no mater what.
Prime rib sounds good.
I have a duchess spud recipe posted too, always pretty.

I do like lobster but not for Tday ... for me that is.
My Dad is like that---wants all the right foods at the right times.
My only rule is that the food be good. Very very good. That's what holiday is about for me. :) So I am more for extravagance than having to do the bird.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

I guess it all depends on what you eat normally to make it special. I was thinking lobster and the fixings. Lobster is special to me, but if you eat it all the time, then not so much.