What Are Your Plans For The 4th Of July???

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

LindasBusyKitchen

What Are Your Plans For The 4th Of July???

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 am

Are you going on vacation? Watching fireworks at the beach? Having family over for a big barbecue in the back yard? Share with us how you celebrate our "Independence" and what you may be having good to eat!

Kchurchill5

Re: What Are Your Plans For The 4th Of July???

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 am

Nothing ... really!

But, I used to. Growing up, my family and friends always had a big fish fry and watched the fireworks on our boat in the middle of the lake. They were gorgeous.

Married ... I attended a big festival down here in Sarasota, where part of a parade, boat race, and many events, including fireworks on the bay.

Now-a-days ... I've done all that. I usually head to a friends who has a big cookout. It is an all day event, but I usually got mid day to help out and "pig out" with all the good food; then, head back around 9:30 to watch the fireworks.

My friends and 8 other families put this on. Kids, adults, pigs, horses, and many other animals, lol. Out at the farm. A good day of just food, fun, and family. 5 of the guys play in a band, so plenty of music too. They were roast a big, so that is the main food; the rest ... is all potluck type of goodies.

That's it for my 4th. Low key, good times, good BBQ and relaxing.

ChefJeff

Post by ChefJeff » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm

grilling and eating over at friends oh and plenty of beers to go around :lol: :D

Have a good one everyone!

FunTimeCooking

Post by FunTimeCooking » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

We are having a back yard barbecue with the neighbors and some good friends. Plenty of food including ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and lots of sides that everyone makes to bring. Dessert is usually a red white and blue sheet cake with strawberries and blueberries to make the American Flag. Gotta love our country!

About 6 we head on down to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks and walk around where all the concession stands are with more fair type food. No one is hungry, that's for sure!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Well. Not sure yet. Don't know what is going to go on at work yet. We were going to run the next two Sundays to make up for missing Thurs, Fri and Sat. at work, give us a 4 day weekend. Then last night we had a huge storm. Hail, lots of rain and wind. Trees down all over. Power went off at the factory got about 4 hours, and the town put a ban on water, as the sanitation plant was flooding and couldn't keep up. So basically the plant was down for about 10 hours. They went down at like midnight last night and we weren't up and running until around 10 am. Some portions of the factory could run, but over in popcorn where I work, you can only make so many batches of popcorn before you have to wash out the machines and lines. So of course we went down about 5 am as we had to do a washout and couldn't. So that may have really screwed up us having a 4 day weekend. :cry: We shall see what happens, but of course it threw a wrench into it!

I want to do a cookout and we do get the 4th off, I want to have people over. Can do that, but will have to go to bed early, as I have to wake up at 5 am if we run on Friday. So no drinking for me! :roll: Hubby has that week off, as his job is shutting down for the whole week, paid. I think that's awesome they are doing that for them. I would love to have a bbq with beer and have fun, but work may have another plan for me!

Sheri

Post by Sheri » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 am

I am going to one of my relatives for an outing at Lake Winnepausakee. She has a house on the lake and we get together at least once a year with family. I am baking homemade beans and then bringing a spiked watermelon for the adults. We will go out on the boat to see fireworks and celebrate around 9pm, before the fireworks!