What's Everyone Doing For Easter This Year?

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Chefster

Re: What's Everyone Doing For Easter This Year?

Post by Chefster » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 am

Hi everyone! I am new and saw this thread and had to pop in to tell you my menu for this Easter.

I am making a ham, and won't tell you which one until I choose it :lol:
I plan to have potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, olives and pickle tray, homemade rolls and probably a dessert of some sort made with Snickers candy bars, I am thinking a trifle. It should be interesting!

I hope you all have a very Happy Easter and enjoy your day!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:18 am

Welcome Chefster! Love that menu of yours, we love ham, potato salad and colesslaw. It's a great combination.

I often think half the fun of our celebration meals is in the planning. Happy plans and happy cooking for the Easter weekend.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 am

Still needing to decide on a few mains, salads, sides and the desserts, When it comes to dessert one must make is our cheesecake. (not posted) but need at least two more for the weekend.

Must get to the homemade Easter Eggs for the young crowd, placed in pretty foil or pretty cupcake wrappers they are absolute winners with the young and old alike.

Linda's http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/lindas ... idays-4859

our http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/no-bak ... usters-168

Will be back later to checking for new to me recipes. :)

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Chefster wrote:Hi everyone! I am new and saw this thread and had to pop in to tell you my menu for this Easter.

I am making a ham, and won't tell you which one until I choose it :lol:
I plan to have potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, olives and pickle tray, homemade rolls and probably a dessert of some sort made with Snickers candy bars, I am thinking a trifle. It should be interesting!

I hope you all have a very Happy Easter and enjoy your day!
That's it. I am coming to your house for dinner. :D 8-)

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:34 pm

I am pooped from running back and forth to the hospital and rehab the past several weeks taking care of my dad, so I am going to take it easy with Easter this year. I made up little Easter boxes for my 3 little grand niece and nephews. I filled them with Old Fashioned Candy from years past and they are chuck full and waiting to deliver. I had fun going to the Yum Yum Candy Shop in York, Maine and picking from thousands of kinds of candy.

I am making a batch of my Peanut Butter Easter Eggs to bring to my dad. I know he will love them and he's been having a craving for sweets since being in Rehab.

For dinner for my son and I, I am making a prime rib, with garlic mashed potatoes, butternut squash, salad, rolls and probably a coconut cream pie, because my son and I both love it. I am having a few people in where I live to celebrate Easter and have dinner with us. It should be fun.

Everyone's menus sound so good and all are so different. I love seeing what everyone has to eat for the holidays. It's great to see family getting together too. It's always a great time when you can share time and have fun with those you love.

elsie

Post by elsie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Chefster! :-H Welcome! :D

elsie

Post by elsie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm

We are having ham http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/crock-pot-ham-6746. This has become my DH's favorite ham. Steamed Asparagus, bean and rice salad, pineapple casserole.http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pineap ... erole-7628, homemade bread, and dessert that I can't decide upon yet. That is the plan anyway, unless I can catch a ride with Sue to Chefster house. :lol:

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with family and friends! Sounds like everyone had some wonderful menus planned. I miss my kids being little... No more Easter Egg Hunts :(