~*~Special Recipes For Valentine's Day~*~

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Kchurchill5

Re: ~*~Special Recipes For Valentine's Day~*~

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 am

I love fondue. And yes, a nice relaxing night and because it takes some time, I don't feel quite as STUFFED, it is just nibbling which I think is very romantic vs sitting down to rich heavy dinner.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 am

My other favorite thing is to do mini portions. I have done this for a couple of valentines dinners I catered.

Rather than a whole steak and lobster ... serve small skewers of steak and lobster, small potato halves, bundles of asparagus, or small shrimp cocktails. This way you can enjoy several items, but everything is smaller. It is just a lot of fun to try new things.

And always make sure to serve a starter, appy, salad or soup first and space out your dinner. Even with kids, maybe not as romantic, but involve them in the dinner and make something special for them

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 pm

I am glad you like the sound of the Chocolate Love. I did see your chocolate fondue the other day and immediately saved it!
Kc, nice ideas for mini servings especially the part about being able to try several different items instead of one heavy meal.

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

wonderful list thanks :!: covers just about everything :D

elsie

Post by elsie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

deleted my post. I couldn't get the link right. :(

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Wow, now that is a great list of recipes. Hmmmmmm, let's have one of each for that special day, lol......
Great job putting this list together!! I've got a few added to my to try list.

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 am

Elsie wrote:deleted my post. I couldn't get the link right. :(
You just had to add your recipe link to a new post like I did. But I bet I know which recipe you wanted to add. As soon as I saw it yesterday I saved it right away and thought it would be perfect for V-day.

Elsie's Chocolate Cream Pie for Two - http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chocol ... am-pie-two

Look lush!

elsie

Post by elsie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 am

Ok! Thanks Roxanne! I had brain overload yesterday and didn't want to take the time to redo it. :?

Thank you also, for posting my link! :D

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 am

Elsie wrote:Ok! Thanks Roxanne! I had brain overload yesterday and didn't want to take the time to redo it. :?

Thank you also, for posting my link! :D
No problem. You should share the recipe and photos on the Valentine's Special Event thread in the Photo Forum, they'd love it!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:25 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:My other favorite thing is to do mini portions. I have done this for a couple of valentines dinners I catered.

Rather than a whole steak and lobster ... serve small skewers of steak and lobster, small potato halves, bundles of asparagus, or small shrimp cocktails. This way you can enjoy several items, but everything is smaller. It is just a lot of fun to try new things.

And always make sure to serve a starter, appy, salad or soup first and space out your dinner. Even with kids, maybe not as romantic, but involve them in the dinner and make something special for them
Sounds like a Tapas party to me... Great ideas Kim!