SUPERBOWL Anyone?

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Kchurchill5

SUPERBOWL Anyone?

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

OK, it may not be a holiday, but we sure celebrate it like it is.

SUPERBOWL 2012

Giants vs the Pats guys ... Are you a favorite, or are you not a fan?

Anything special planned for that famous Sunday evening? A big party, just friends, or simply something low key with family or your SO ... or maybe you are not a fan. Do you go out to a local Pub or Bar or simply SWITCH the channel.

Tell us what you are planning!
SHARE YOUR SUPERBOWL PLANS
----------------------------

Me ... I have had big parties, small groups, and sometimes it was just me. But, this year, it is going to be just a few friends. About 10 of us, mostly all foodies, good friends, and all football lovers; but the menu is simple. We are all requesting our favorites and then going with some standards. One main sandwich, but, otherwise ... it will be "MUNCHIES." Casual food, low key, paper plates and cups. NO dishes for this group.

Appetizers (two friends are making these and using my turkey fryer for the mushrooms and fish):
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/beer-b ... -mushrooms
Blackened grouper nuggets (to be posted) with a a fresh tarter sauce
(One friend is making both of those dishes)

Spicy white bean dip with veggies
Baked artichoke dip
Baked spinach balls
(Two friends are making these)

Main Course:
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mini-r ... beer-bread
(also doing the same sandwich with turkey for those who don't eat rb)
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/moms-c ... tato-salad
5 Bean salad (per request), my own concoction
Beer Cheese soup, looking for the perfect recipe
I also have a bag of spicy nuts in the freezer I will probably bring out
(Me and a good friend are making these)

And I am sure my one friend will bring his mustard dip with homemade pretzels, he always does

Dessert and Drinks:
Not in charge, 4 others are taking care of this
Beer of course and probably margaritas; wine for 2 gals and desserts
I'm not a sweet gal. So whatever they decide is fine. We normally don't go TOO sweet. Brownies, cookies, pound cake, fruit is usually what shows up. I have no clue, whatever they bring.
----------------------------------------------------------

So what are your plans - if any? A big party, low key or planning to head to the other room and change the channel ... We would love to hear.

invictus

Re: SUPERBOWL Anyone?

Post by invictus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Oh yes!!!! Personally, the teams in the Super Bowl are not my preference so pretty bummed about that, but we will still be watching! It is just the three of us so not a huge meal but it is the one time a year I make traditional tailgaiting/football food and that we eat during the game. We watch football religiously every weekend (Saturday for college and Sunday NFL) but we never make it an event until the Super Bowl.

This year:
undecided appetitzer maybe stuffed mushrooms but totally undecided at this point
chili with toppings
potato skins
probably brownies - just made a yummy mocha frosted mocha brownie this week that is TDF!
undecided on whether I will drink or not but I'm leaning toward yes and a margarita!

Denise

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm

We usually go to a friend's house, she has a big party with 30-40 people. Crazy fun, massive amounts of food. It will be just the 3 of us this year. Dislike both teams, one of them intensely, LOL. But we'll still be watching! I just don't know if we're staying in or going out. If it's 70 or above, might go to one of the bars on the water and watch.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

not planning anything, no one to watch it with :( but I'd be more than happy to come over to watch the game with someone, I'll even bring the wine or Ouzo :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Come on down Kitt. Temps are warm, doors open, nice and breezy, a fire pit on the porch, lots of food and the guys are great. A very low key bunch. We drink eat, and chill. The girls usually 2 of them HATE football, they put a movie on in the den, and hit the jacuzzi. The rest of us in front of the TV and everyone in my house helps out in the kitchen or on the grill. Mostly food guys, so we all have fun cooking which becomes part of the fun.

And of course we have a football pool too

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Come on down Kitt. Temps are warm, doors open, nice and breezy, a fire pit on the porch, lots of food and the guys are great. A very low key bunch. We drink eat, and chill. The girls usually 2 of them HATE football, they put a movie on in the den, and hit the jacuzzi. The rest of us in front of the TV and everyone in my house helps out in the kitchen or on the grill. Mostly food guys, so we all have fun cooking which becomes part of the fun.

And of course we have a football pool too

Geez Kim that sound like way fun, I would give anything to get out this snow and cold, I'm so sick of winter, thanks for the invite I may take you up on that lol! :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:38 pm

And of course ... plenty of cold beer, margaritas for some and I have several bottle of good wine. So it is ... take your pic.

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Since I am a HUGE FAN of the PATS, I will be watching and cheering them on with my mouth full and a drink in my hand :D :D :D GO PATS GO!!!

I am having a few friends over and this is my menu for the Super Bowl...

Bud Light Lime, Frozen Mudslides and Margaritas for drinks.

Linda's Fresh Fruit And Yummy Dip Party Pleaser

Garlic Cheese Dip and Bleu Cheese Feta Garlic Dip, served with pita and bagel chips on the side.
Linda's Luscious Spinach Dip and Chess' Asiago Sun-Dried Tomato Dip served with carrot and celery sticks, green and red pepper slices, button mushrooms, European cucumber wedges and grape tomatoes.

Flaky Deli Slices cut into 2" slices
Greek Pizza