How Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Roxanne

Re: How Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Post by Roxanne » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Linda, your cheesecake stuffed strawberries grabbed my attention. They look so good! I really wish I could make that for V-day but I am sure strawberry prices will be through the roof especially since it is an imported fruit so I'll have to hold off on that one. But they would make an awesome V-day treat maybe dipped in that same chocolate fondue you mentioned. Hot and cold and chocolate, cheesecake and strawberries! Yum!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 am

Roxanne wrote:Linda, your cheesecake stuffed strawberries grabbed my attention. They look so good! I really wish I could make that for V-day but I am sure strawberry prices will be through the roof especially since it is an imported fruit so I'll have to hold off on that one. But they would make an awesome V-day treat maybe dipped in that same chocolate fondue you mentioned. Hot and cold and chocolate, cheesecake and strawberries! Yum!
Sounds good to me! I love chocolate and strawberries any time!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:21 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:
LindasBusyKitchen wrote:
Kchurchill5 wrote:I am making ice cream sandwiches for my son for Valentines Day. He loves them for a snack at night.

So I found a great simple chocolate cookie that I will make heart shaped. Then my filling, I cheat ... I use a really good quality vanilla ice cream, but I will add some mini chocolate chips, nuts, and a little liquor for some flavor. Haven't decided exactly yet, but that is the plan. He will get a little bag too of some of his favorite things.
I am sure he will like those! Would have never thought of adding liquor. I am curious as to what kind you might add?
Kaluha, Amaretto and Grand manier all work well. Also Baileys I have used.

I make flavored ice creams all the time. I did have a small ice cream maker, but I gave it to a good friend because she has kids, so she uses it all the time. I only used it now and then. So I cheat and make flavored ice creams all the time using a base flavor and adding ed nuts, coconut, dried fruits, liquor and you can really make a delicious unique dessert.

I used a vanilla and added toasted coconut, coconut rum, toasted macadamian nuts, and dried mango and pineapple. Makes a delicious dessert and nothing else like it.

Chocolate ice creaerm with Girl Scout Mint Chocolate Wafer Cookies crushed up, also mini chocolate chips and mint liquor.

Try cherry ice cream and add toasted almonds with cherry kirsch liquor.

Chocolate ice cream with dried cherries, almonds, cherry kirsch, and chocolate liquor are really good with chocolate syrup.

Those are some of my favorites. I mix them all up and then they can be added to your favorite cookies and made into sandwiches. Flavor combinations are endless but a lot of fun to make.

I stick more with the liquors, but some of the flavored rums and vodkas also work well
Oh boy, I would love adding the Kaluha or the Bailey's.. My kind of ice cream :lol: :lol: :lol: I will have to make my Kaluha and try it! Yum