Holiday Decor

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

Kchurchill5

Holiday Decor

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:28 am

Just a few pics of the Holiday Spirit!!

My homemade candles. Cinnamon candles wrapped with bamboo. Pine candles in 2 colors, wrapped with twine. And the small vase in the front in a hand painted pot with a vanilla candle

Stockings, 5 ... and yes I have 3 cats, 2 Angel and Stormy whose stocking are in the attic, but the others are for my good neighbor, Thor and Buddy

Tree and Presents, all my sons presents

Wall Hanging, made in 1990

Door #2, This door gets hit with rain so I have to keep it simple and WATER PROOF

Table for Tonight's Dinner with my neighbor. Also same set up for my son tomorrow

Mary

Re: Holiday Decor

Post by Mary » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:34 am

Great photos, KC. Love the white bear sitting front and center! I also like the simple door decoration and the hanging panel. Looks like a very merry Christmas is in the works at your house. :)

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:49 am

Beautiful, KC! I love the waterproof door decorations. Just might have to make one of those next year. 8-)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 am

racrgal wrote:Beautiful, KC! I love the waterproof door decorations. Just might have to make one of those next year. 8-)
Thx, it was a last minute idea. That door gets rain, plus one of the sprinklers if it is windy always hits it. I had a wreath last year and the red ribbon dye got on the door. Then I had a wreath and it is too big so the screen doesn't fit. These are the plastic bulbs and inexpensive and they aren't too big so it seemed to work out. My main wreath is out front and the other wreath by the garage door. Our association is all painted grey. I can't change the color and I HATE grey, but I'm stuck with it. So I thought the silver and white went with the outside colors. Besides, if I don't want to use it next year ... I think it only cost 3.99

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:
racrgal wrote:Beautiful, KC! I love the waterproof door decorations. Just might have to make one of those next year. 8-)
Thx, it was a last minute idea. That door gets rain, plus one of the sprinklers if it is windy always hits it. I had a wreath last year and the red ribbon dye got on the door. Then I had a wreath and it is too big so the screen doesn't fit. These are the plastic bulbs and inexpensive and they aren't too big so it seemed to work out. My main wreath is out front and the other wreath by the garage door. Our association is all painted grey. I can't change the color and I HATE grey, but I'm stuck with it. So I thought the silver and white went with the outside colors. Besides, if I don't want to use it next year ... I think it only cost 3.99
My front door doesn't get rain but it is filthy here in the desert. Any type of greenery wreath just looks pitiful. The shiney balls should let most of the dust slide right off. I have to make a Target run this morning. Maybe I'll look for some shiney balls. ;)