favorite alcoholic beverages

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

HeatherFeather

Re: favorite alcoholic beverages

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:22 pm

I rarely drink alcohol at all. There are some things I do like to cook with, but for the most part I am not a drinker or even a sipper. However - there are a few things I enjoy very rarely.

Limoncello - very sweet lemony after dinner liqueur
Bailey's Irish Cream - creamy, sweet, nice in coffee or in desserts
Pina Colada - although I am just as happy with a virgin version, so I almost never get it with rum

I am sure there are a few others, but those came to mind.

invictus

Post by invictus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Bloody Mary's scare me! Never tried one! Maybe I should munch on someone's celery to see if I am brave enough to take a swig.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

I LOVE Caesars! I have one before my meal everytime I go out for dinner.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:56 am

I found a recipe a few years ago that uses some roasted tomatoes and fresh and blends it all up. It does use pepper vodka as well, horseradish, worcestershire, lemon, celery salt, and a pinch of olive juice. And of course hot sauce.

Celery is a must in the glass. I make the base the night before and then mix it with the vodka in the am. Delicious!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 am

I found a recipe a few years ago that uses some roasted tomatoes and fresh and blends it all up. It does use pepper vodka as well, horseradish, worcestershire, lemon, celery salt, and a pinch of olive juice. And of course hot sauce.

Celery is a must in the glass. I make the base the night before and then mix it with the vodka in the am. Delicious!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 am

invictus

I forgot, on f.* I called in slippery slopes slinger. It has a story behind the name. Actually Swedish Chef helped me name it. It was a drink we always had up north during the winter after we went skiing.

http://www.food.com/recipe/sarasotas-sl ... ger-406191

67 5/8 ounces vernors ginger ale (Canada Dry could be used as a substitution)
12 ounces Bourbon (1.5 oz/1 jigger per drink)
8 ounces brandy (1 oz or per drink)
1/2 cup honey
2 lemons (1 cut in quarters, squeezed and left in the pot to heat, the other sliced as a garnish in each mug)

Warm up the vernos / ginger ale, honey, and lemon. Pour the brandy and bourbon to each mug and top with the warm vernos. A lemon slice is a nice garnish. ENJOY

invictus

Post by invictus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 am

Sounds delish Kim!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 pm

MaMere wrote:
Denise wrote:How could I have forgotten Bloody Marys??? :shock: Love them. I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks either, but I do like the Frangelico/Baileys combo - we call them Nutty Irishmans. And I love Buttery Nipple shots :lol:
LOVE Bloody marys here too, made with Absolut Pepper, a few stalks of celery, queen olives and a pickle mmmmmm Lunch & Libation in one!
And if you have a party http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pitche ... c-caesar-0 We use Motts spicy Clamato juice, not sure it its available your way. Invictus would have to cut this one waay back - or have a party! :D

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:09 pm

MaMere wrote:
Denise wrote:How could I have forgotten Bloody Marys??? :shock: Love them. I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks either, but I do like the Frangelico/Baileys combo - we call them Nutty Irishmans. And I love Buttery Nipple shots :lol:
LOVE Bloody marys here too, made with Absolut Pepper, a few stalks of celery, queen olives and a pickle mmmmmm Lunch & Libation in one!
on my end it said the topic didn't exist - so clicked again .... :D :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Gerry, I have been getting that message all morning.

Yes the spicy clamato is very good. Have used it many times. I only use the fresh maters if they look good.