favorite alcoholic beverages

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

invictus

favorite alcoholic beverages

Post by invictus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm

I am not a drinker and don't keep alcohol in the house but for whatever reason this time of year makes me want to drink! I never indulge myself but this year I think I will. I particularly love warm drinks (coffee) but would entertain others as well. What is your favorite holiday time alcoholic drink?

Denise

Re: favorite alcoholic beverages

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm not huge on mixed drinks, but my favorites are Lemon Drop Martini, Godiva Martini, Baileys & Coffee and wine. I love Dancing Bull Zinfandel and Toasted Head Chardonnay. And of course, frozen Margaritas and Mojitos, but those are summery.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Hot chocolate with either peppermint schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, Kahlua, or Fireball whiskey.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I have become a box wine junkie! I am now drinking Franzia Sangria. I love it! I did buy some little ball shaped thing that is a mixed drink of sorts. You are supposed to freeze it, its in the freezer now, sour apple flavor. I need to try that tonight! :lol:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm not much on sweet drinks. But I do enjoy coffee drinks with a variety of cordialls. Especially a mix of baileys, amaretto and coffee.

Hazelnut liquor with baileys is also a nice combo
Brandy and coffee

White chocolate liquor, vodka and club soda is a light but pretty holiday cocktail. Finish with a lite shaving of chocolate. It is a sweet finishing drink.

I also enjoy a mulled spice wine; tons of recipes. I like a nice dark cabernet, mixed with mulling spices; orange zest and often some brandy - lots of options.

My brandy cranberry apple drink

I love my slippery slopes slider for a warm bourbon drink

I love a white chocolate martini as a decadent dessert

A good egg nog with bourbon, brandy, or rum is always a favorite. I like to make my own and then serve with fresh grated nutmeg

Those are my favorite Holiday drinks

I do like champagne mixed with pomegranate juice or cranberry juice; even mango juice for a nice morning drink. You can garnish with pomegrante or cranberries, and with mangos, pomegranates are wonderful. Try sugared frozen grapes in champagne or white wine for a pretty dinner drink.

Pomegranate seeds are wonderful frozen in ice cubes and then added to a mix of white wine and club soda for a light dinner drink.

Bloody Mary's. But I enjoy to make it my own with fresh tomatoes, horseradish and lemon juice, worcestershire, celery seed, salt and pepper. I love to serve that for brunch / breakfast for friends or family.

I do have links, but I can't look up anything on f.com, sorry. Be glad to post later if interested. Just got home and heading out again. Sorry, but back tonight.

invictus

Post by invictus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Now we're talking Kim! Coffee and alcohol is definitely my favs so I'm going to pick up a few that you mentioned. :)

What the heck is a slippery slopes slider? I must have a link or recipe!

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Tequila (I know I know, BIG surprise!)

Coffee with Carolyns
I LOVE a good 7 & 7 with a marashino cherry
Sweet White Wines

Mary

Post by Mary » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Felix4067 wrote:Hot chocolate with either peppermint schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, Kahlua, or Fireball whiskey.
Kchurchill5 wrote:coffee drinks with a variety of cordialls. Especially a mix of baileys, amaretto and coffee.
Hazelnut liquor with baileys is also a nice combo
Brandy and coffee
White chocolate liquor, vodka and club soda is a light but pretty holiday cocktail. Finish with a lite shaving of chocolate. It is a sweet finishing drink.
I also enjoy a mulled spice wine; tons of recipes. I like a nice dark cabernet, mixed with mulling spices; orange zest and often some brandy - lots of options.
My brandy cranberry apple drink
I love my slippery slopes slider for a warm bourbon drink
I love a white chocolate martini as a decadent dessert
A good egg nog with bourbon, brandy, or rum is always a favorite. I like to make my own and then serve with fresh grated nutmeg
I personally am headed for Felix's house to see her mother's tree and warm up with hot chocolate . . . then I'm off to Kim's (where I may have to stay awhile to sample all of her favorites. Ohboyohboyohboy. :D

Denise

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:51 pm

How could I have forgotten Bloody Marys??? :shock: Love them. I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks either, but I do like the Frangelico/Baileys combo - we call them Nutty Irishmans. And I love Buttery Nipple shots :lol:

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Denise wrote:How could I have forgotten Bloody Marys??? :shock: Love them. I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks either, but I do like the Frangelico/Baileys combo - we call them Nutty Irishmans. And I love Buttery Nipple shots :lol:
LOVE Bloody marys here too, made with Absolut Pepper, a few stalks of celery, queen olives and a pickle mmmmmm Lunch & Libation in one!