Fall is Coming ... A Few Fun Ideas

Moderators: LindasBusyKitchen, Kchurchill5

Kchurchill5

Fall is Coming ... A Few Fun Ideas

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Not my pics; but, some fun ideas for entertaining this Fall

First, pumpkins for dinner. Stuff and bake dinner in pumpkins. You can do small individual ones; or larger ones for 2-4 people.
Fill with any stew, beef, pumpkin/pork, white bean vegetarian, or your favorite recipe.
Or, fill with your favorite chili. Chicken/white bean and, black bean are my favorite.
Any Fall soups are wonderful.
And, don't forget any rice, lentil, barley, couscous ... or any mixed grain dish. I love to add dried fruits, nuts; or roasted veggies to that.

ImageImage

Then, don't forget about using fresh fruit, or vegetables as flower vases. Oranges, grapefruit, various squash, cabbage, artichokes, corn, etc.
Obviously, I would used Fall flowers (some of these have summer flowers), mums, daisies, etc. And, maybe some fall twigs, acorns, dried fruits, pine corns, cinnamon sticks, and fall leaves. etc

ImageImageImageImageImage

SO HAVE FUN ... AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO WHAT YOU HAVE AT HOME IN THE FRIDGE TO USE AS A VASE.

Kchurchill5

Re: Fall is Coming ... A Few Fun Ideas

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:01 pm

One time I studded the orange with cloves; then, cut a small slice off the bottom so it sat up; and a slice off the top. Just removed the orange, added a small piece of foam or clay and water. Put a few mums and twigs in. I made 5 cute arrangements for less that 10.00 if that. I even added some cheap cranberry branches too. Everyone loved them; and, less then 1 bunch of flowers. I set them on 2x4 I sanded and stained. I also added 3-4 classic small pillar orange candles, and a few fall leaves.

So, use your imagination; and look around your house; you may be surprised what you have on hand.

59chevymom

Post by 59chevymom » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Such great ideas and photos, thank you very much. I love this time of year it's my favorite!

SammyJoe

Post by SammyJoe » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Thank you these are all are lovely ideas but the bottom cabbage one is so awesome, and so are yours. Happy Fall to you Kchurchill5!

cagey

Post by cagey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Very nice ideas Kchurchill5, thank you for sharing these with us!