A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Moderator: QueenBea

Bergy

Re: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Post by Bergy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:29 pm

This is Bergy - Sue I removed the post because it was not Peter Rabbit that came up but a label that said Copyright by Gosh. We have to be careful with the coyright photos. Sorry :( :( :(

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Sue wrote:This is Bergy - Sue I removed the post because it was not Peter Rabbit that came up but a label that said Copyright by Gosh. We have to be careful with the coyright photos. Sorry :( :( :(
no problem.
Is hotlinking an issue? The images are not stored here, so should not be a copyright issue. The images still remain on the originating sever.
Can admin clarify this for us, do you think?

I notified admin of this with a question regarding the copyright thing, just so we can be sure. I always thought it was ok to link the image, just not copy/paste it here or upload it to the database.
Here is the question I sent:
Can admin clarify an issue of using hotlinks in the forums please?
The images are not actually "stored" but we format the url so that the image *appears* on the page, so in essence we are looking at both zazz and the originating image's site at the same time.
Do you have clear knowledge of the copyright law surrounding this?
Thanks.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks Sue we will wait for an answer - Please post it here when you get an answer so all that post here will read it. I don't evem know what hot linking is!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Bergy wrote:Thanks Sue we will wait for an answer - Please post it here when you get an answer so all that post here will read it. I don't evem know what hot linking is!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
We are hot linking here.
when you use the image tags and the photo url, it creates a portal between here and wherever the image is located. So the image did not move, and is not on Zazz.
Like when we share food photos and when we post the link the image shows up but we may actually be seeing a piece of a page from photobucket or wherever that hosts the photo.
Like the curious george picture is an open window into seeing this website:
http://www.slimybookworm.com
We are at Zazz and we are looking out of a window in your post to outside of zazz at slimybookworm.

I think the difference copyright-wise is if someone loaded the photo onto zazz, like onto a recipebook cover or something, so that the location of the image would then be on zazz and not slimybookworm, zazz could get into trouble. At least that's how I understand it.

But admin will clarify, I hope.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:05 pm