What type camera do you use?

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Shadows1

What type camera do you use?

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:20 am

I have had inquiries about what type camera I use and I am sure others have been asked the same so I thought I would start this thread so the answers are all in one place.

I use an Olympus E-410 digital SLR, not cheap.

Chef shapeweaver

Re: What type camera do you use?

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 pm

I use a very cheap Kodak Easy Share C613.
It does all I need it to do and most of the
time I'm pleased with the photos(my fault
not the camera's ) :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Panasonic Lumix DMC_FH24
Got a great package deal on sale for under $100, extra card and case.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks for starting a thread, Shadows! I am definitely considering buying a camera in the not too distant future. Hopefully sooner than later. I am not rushing into this, as my research so far has rendered results that are all over the map....especially when it comes to cost. I certainly do not want to dump tons of money into something that I, as of yet, have no idea how much I would use, nor what the various features would really mean to me. Thanks to all who contribute information. I have already read all the info here on this forum.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm

I have never been one to take food pics. I do have a degree in photography but, NOT food. I do b/w landscapes. Something I set up and plan for. Food does not fall into that category. So I have my old Nikon and Pentax for that.

My Panasonic Lumix, digital is for fun pics ... vacation, travel, and food. I get frustrated really easily, because food ... I want to eat. If I can't spend a hour or 2 setting it up, I just snap and go. Hence my impatience with food photos.

I picked a camera on decent mega pixs, easy to use, NOT too many feature to over complicate things and price. I have 2 cards, 2 bats, and it recharges quickly ... especially when I remember.

I do have a car charger which important if you take if when you travel. Something important if you use it for that.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

I was originally contacting folks personally with this question, but the question came onto the forums thanks to Shadows. Now, it seems a bad or reflective idea. Perhaps my original direction wasn't such a bad idea afterall :cry: I'd really like to hear from other members regarding the matter of the cameras that are used. I'm going to buy a camera anyway, but it'd be great to know what others have to say. Any suggestions, recommendations are welcomed. I'd just like to know that I'm making some sound decisions, as I realize this might not be a small purchase. There are certainly some great photographers here, and I can assure you that I won't try to drain you of your gift :roll:

Thanks for the personal messages, as well as posts here. But, this has been quite a "let down" thus far.

Now, surely we don't have a clandestine group here that neglect those just getting started....or do we? I'm quite concerned regarding the site, and this apparent attitude, at this point. Is there no room for those who are just getting interested in photography? If it's a "closed community", then let me know, I can just move on. Regrettably.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm

I think just BUSY folks. I for one, was pretty busy this week. Didn't get to come online and play much! Mine is a Kodak. Cheap model, but works wonderfully for me here. Easy transfer....it's 10 megapixels. I know there are cheap versions out there higher megapixels, and I have been looking at them. My daughter just got a 16 megapixel from sony for like 49$ at walmart. You don't need expensive to take good shots, just good lighting, plating and good food!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm

OH yeah, I was going to say, but forgot. My daughter just got into white boxing. You place object in a white box, and it really makes the item come alive. She will post a few pics soon. She is still experimenting, but I am saying, I am making one of these!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

I tried to help you but as you are finding out in this forum, as in most forums on the web, regular participation is limited to a few handfulls of members. Don't give up on the site because of this there are some great folks here. Over time you will get more answers to your question. There is not a closed group here!

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I use a Sony cybershot dsc point and shoot. 5MP still works for me. I know that even the Sony has much more MP now.
It has features I still don't know how to use.
I am not a photographer.
My best advice for taking photo pics is get the best light you can, try to hold the camera still, take pics both with and without flash, and use a good, easy, FREE photo editor, such as Picasa.
Picasa has repaired some of my bad photos where the light wasn't good or it was a little blurry. It can't make all of them great, but some.
If Picasa can help me, it can help anyone, and if I can use it, anyone can use it. It's easy, click a button or two, slide a lever, then *save* easy.
My photos will never be good enough for magazines. But if they *were* good enough for magazines, they would probably be posted in magazines.
So I don't really come equipped with much photography advice, but anything I can help anyone with, let me know.
And sorry I didn't see this earlier- my mother passed away recently and Sunday I was on the road. I am really just getting back to speed as Monday was rest from the trip day and yesterday I just felt like crap and didn't even cook. Again, I apologize for not answering this topic more promptly. I don't answer every topic, but I did have 2 cents to add to this one about my camera.