Frustrated

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

HeatherFeather

Frustrated

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

For well over a month now, Photobucket has been problematic for me. I am unable to upload any photos at all. It only allows me to upload "media" files, not regular image files. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have been wanting to share photos of my meals and it is so frustrating not being able to do so. I have no problem uploading my photos here on a posted recipe, but not everything I make has a recipe to post to.

Kchurchill5

Re: Frustrated

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am

Are they directly from your camera?
Do you have lots of photos on there. There is a limit per album

What error message do you get?
Have you tried in IE and Netscape or Firefox, Chrome etc?

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:Are they directly from your camera?
Do you have lots of photos on there. There is a limit per album

What error message do you get?
Have you tried in IE and Netscape or Firefox, Chrome etc?
I tried with Chrome and with Firefox and I hardly have any photos on there. It isn't an error - it just will not allow me to select any type of file except a media file, no photos.

It seems there is some issue with Adobe Flash messing with their uploader button. It has been a long time since they started having this issue and it still hasn't been fixed.

I did notice some members here are still posting photos from Photobucket successfully, so I was hoping they knew some way to get it to work. I am about ready to ditch photobucket and try another photo sharing site.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am

I only use photobucket and never had an error.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 pm

A couple of thoughts. Under your name icon the top right. Check Account Settings, and then go to upload settings and album settings. Just check them over. Maybe all the checks got removed, or something happened.

Also, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp.
are the only file types. If uploading from the web or from your camera, make sure these are the types.

Also have you tried the bulk loader and the main loader. I only use the main loader, the bulk has never worked for me.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:A couple of thoughts. Under your name icon the top right. Check Account Settings, and then go to upload settings and album settings. Just check them over. Maybe all the checks got removed, or something happened.

Also, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp.
are the only file types. If uploading from the web or from your camera, make sure these are the types.

Also have you tried the bulk loader and the main loader. I only use the main loader, the bulk has never worked for me.
I will recheck, but I couldn't find anything. It won't allow me to select any photo files at all - not gif, not jpg, etc - none of them. I tried the main loader - I also have never been able to use the bulk loader - I assumed maybe because I never wanted to upload more than a couple of photos at once.

I upload them from my pc, not from the camera - using the same method and software - same everything - as I used before with no problems. It has just been the past month or two (or maybe more) - not sure how long, just feels like forever.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Sometimes it is your browser, but since it happens in both, that shouldn't be it. I don't know. I couldn't get into email yesterday. I had to reload Thunderbird. NO changes, NO anything, just wouldn't work. Reloaded and presto there, has to be a setting, but I don't know. Sorry, sometimes I just reload both browsers and try. You don't loose anything, so there is no problem just upgrading

I also have comcast, so I am scanned 24/7 and have all the ad blockers too which get rid of small nasty viruses. I also do a incremental backup every week and a full backup every 3 months.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:47 pm

It has been acting fine for me too. Do a virus scan. and an adware scan. You must have something that is preventing it from acting right.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Dissie wrote:It has been acting fine for me too. Do a virus scan. and an adware scan. You must have something that is preventing it from acting right.
I do scans every couple of days and my system is clean. I ran another one this morning - nothing.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Well I just tried again to upload photos and I was able to finally! What a relief. No idea what changed - maybe they updated something.