Need Photo Tips!

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Gerry

Need Photo Tips!

Post by Gerry » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 am

Made a wonderful Chicken Soup that looked as good as it tasted - the photos disappointing. Any special tips on how to best position soup bowls and such would be appreciated!

If I were using the tablet I would be able to clearly see what I am taking - remains still looking for a program to transfer photos from my tablet to lenux (ubuntu) Anyone here on Lelux? If so have you found an easy program? :D

Maybe I'll just have to look for a new camera! ;)

Shadows1

Re: Need Photo Tips!

Post by Shadows1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm

There is an article in August 2012 issue of "Outdoor Photography" about training your eye to see like your camera, I recommend reading it because it applies to all photography.
I believe they have an online issue, do a search for it I think it might help you.

Hope I did not break any rules here by posting their name!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm

This isn't much help but it is one tip. I like to lift a spoonfulof soup and try to get the light to focus on the spoonful.
One problem that I have is keeping the shadow inside the bowl to a minimum. Sometimes I tilt the bowl slightly (put a cracker under one side of the bowl).
I find soup very difficult to photograph.
Looking at your photos Shadow I don't think you need a new camera just try a different angle

Sorry it took me 4 days to see your post.

NuMairoo

Post by NuMairoo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:34 am

Maybe I'll just have to look for a new camera! ;)
ไฮโลออนไลน์

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 am

NuMairoo Just keep snapping and posting. We are not experts here nor do we expect perfection - Our aim is to enjoy each others recipes and try to add another dimension by adding photos.

I see Numairoo both you & Gerry have identical posts - Perhaps get new camera. I wonder what brought this on? Gerry you sure don't need one and Numairoo you haven't posted any so can't say.