WHAT'S FOR DINNER - SEPTEMBER 2014

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Kchurchill5

Re: WHAT'S FOR DINNER - SEPTEMBER 2014

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 am

Morning

Another rainy night; and more expected today. It has definitely been a bit wet which the plants love; but, hard to get any outside work done. I do feel a bit better today; a little sleep helped. Since it was just a quick egg and toast last night; back to my salad tonight.

Lady #3 and her son are heading to a family reunion in TN today (an annual event). They take their time because of her medical issues, and stop to see some of the sites and local parks. She used to be a professional photographer; and, still dabbles in it.

So, for their trip, I'm packing them a cooler for the road.
A muffaletta type of club sandwich, baked fried chicken, pasta salad, fruit, vegetables w/dip, mixed nuts; and, cranberry muffins w/orange pecan butter. That should last them a couple of days.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:17 am

Morning ...

Where is everyone this week - pretty quiet. What is everyone up to?
Today, just me, and pretty low key.

Publix, my local grocery store has their own brand chicken and turkey sausages. Tonight, I am grilling their artichoke and parmesan. Making a topping of kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, onion, artichokes, Feta; and served with a side of couscous, chick peas, mint, and basil.

Leftover couscous and chick peas I can turn into another salad for later in the week.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Where is everyone this week - pretty quiet. What is everyone up to?
It was made abundantly clear to me that I am no longer welcome, so I've moved on to other things, and other places where my posts are wanted. The only thing I post here any more is the books I'm reading, but since virtually no one else participates in that thread I'll probably stop doing that as well. I was trying to keep it going as a way of remembering Ninner, but it's just not worth it.

Back to work full time now, averaging my normal 50-60 hours a week until November, when it'll bump up to my normal 70-80 hours a week. Probably I wouldn't have had much time to post until after the first of the year anyway.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:07 pm

What happened Felix? I'm so sorry. I don't think I said anything; and, at least I can't think of anything I said that upset you.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I would love to know what happened if you would email me.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:08 pm

You can thank your friends.
http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=10

It's not that I'm upset, it's that life is too short.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:35 am

Felix, first ... I will address this privately or in that thread - thank you for the link; I hadn't seen it.

Second, why say 'my friends.' Yes - everyone is an equal friend here. I don't know anyone personally. And, I am not a FORUM host on this - just someone who tries to keep it going. I try to be equally be as nice to all.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 am

Morning ...

And, as for dinner

Lady #3 is out of town; but, her daughter and granddaughter are in town.
Dropping off a creamy tomato soup; classic grilled cheese w/bacon for the gd; and dd get a gourmet version - mozz, pesto, parm, pancetta.
On the side, peanut butter ice cream sandwiches; and bacon egg burritos for the am - (just microwave and serve), with a fruit salad

Me: Friend stopping by for football, beer, dinner; and, a place to crash. He has a very very early before dawn flight. So, wings, onion rings, fries, all the normal dips and veggies; and, I'm making a salad - providing wine and beer.

So, cooking, but not for me. Probably will rain, so a blanket, all the kitties on the blanket cuddled up; and good food!!
Good for me!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 am

It's my sons b'day today 26, hard to believe. I was going to take him out, but he is working; so, I invited him over; but his gf is planning something.
So, I will settle meeting him for a late coffee. I remember when I was that age; Mom and Dad don't always come first, lol.

Dinner ...
Ladies #1, #2, and #3 all out

Me, grilled salmon w/some kind of mustard honey glaze; sauteed celery, carrots, and cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, and arugula salad with a basil vinaigrette.

If it is raining, it may be baked salmon, and roasted veggies.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 am

Felix4067 wrote: It was made abundantly clear to me that I am no longer welcome, so I've moved on to other things, and other places where my posts are wanted.
I don't want to start an argument with you. I even said that in my post. I just don't understand your actions. I said that. I am sorry if you no longer feel welcome or that we don't want you around here. That was not my intent, and I will bet it wasn't anyones thoughts. I just questioned your reasoning is all. Certainly we want you around here. It wouldn't be the same if you stopped coming. I appreciate your recipes, wit and you are knowledgeable.

Kim I have been really busy lately. Helping my mom finish up moving, replanting things getting the yard ready for winter, cleaning out the garage and shed for the winter. My garden is still producing, so still trying to get the tomatoes put up and find ways to eat this endless supply of zucchini.

Supper tonight was going to be chicken fried rice and egg rolls, but I have a dr's appt at 3:45, so not sure if that is going to work. I thought, I could make everything, put it up until I got home, make the rolls and fry and reheat the fried rice. But I might just decide to make soup and salads. Much easier since I will be gone for an hour or so.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 am

Dis, I figured ... I knew you had some plant stuff to take care of at Mom's. and, I remember having to get the yards prepped for winter too.