What's For Dinner?-December 2012

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
HeatherFeather

Re: What's For Dinner?-December 2012

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:00 am

Merry Christmas everyone! This morning I am making a Christmas Frittata (actually using a quiche recipe but not making the crust). Gave the dog her presents this morning and now she is happily chewing up a huge new bone. She buried her plushie in her pillow pile and is quite content.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:32 am

Happy Boxing Day Everyone,

The presents have been opened & the turkey was moist. It has already started to snow here????????? Today everyone wants to go shopping for electronics. I will go to the grocery store instead. The hours there a small. The kids leave for the Falls this afternoon. Then shopping In the USA on Thursday.

I am making a big breakfast this morning. Mains are bacon & eggs. Then it is turkey sandwiches for dinner. Plus I have sides left so it could go either way. Just thinking about leftovers is making me hungry at 5 am, lol.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:52 am

Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! Very low key for me; but, it was nice. Warm here, a chance of rain this afternoon - we sure need it. Then cooler tomorrow 64ish.

The plan may change; my friend from GA got held up in TX where she was flying out yesterday. I doubt she will be here tonight; I haven't heard.

But, I have shrimp leftover, a few potatoes, pork tenderloin, and 1/2 of my cornish hen w/stuffing; and greens to make a salad. Since the shrimp needs to ate first; that will probably be on the menu. However, since the shrimp turned out so good (seasoning); I hate to make anything with them other than peel and eat. Maybe the spuds, and a nice salad too.

If my friend makes it, I could always make a nice pasta with the shrimp; or, spicy cajun shrimp over biscuits.
-----------------------------------
Nin, stay warm - looks like a couple of days of snow.
Felix, you too

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 pm

GA friend isn't going to make it. Turned in her ticket for another time. She was in TX visiting Dad and then heading to FL to see Mom, but weather got in the way.

I guess her visit will be another day. That definitely means simple leftovers for me tonight.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 pm

We're actually pretty good on weather. It's definitely cold, but not bitter (29F right now), and the storm that's hitting Ninner came up from the south, so it bounced off the lake and missed pretty much all of West Michigan. Snowflakes are just sort of drifting down.

Dinner will be leftovers. Haven't decided if it'll be chicken or ham or shrimp salad or stuffing or Brussels sprouts...or a combination of everything. And of course cookies. I even brought some to physical therapy this morning. :lol:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Glad you aren't getting slammed with snow. I think LEFTOVERS are the theme this week; which is fine for me.

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 pm

We're getting slammed with snow here is northeastern Ohio. About 4 inches in the last 3 hours.
Making homemade mushroom soup and southwestern chicken roll-ups for dinner. Our son and daughter-in-law are here from Seattle. So maybe I can get him to shovel some snow for his supper! :lol:

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Just lots of rain here, and the temp got warmer again. Have a pot of chicken stew with dumplings on top cooking. Hope it turns out - using my second chicken in that.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 pm

We got a 10 min downpour HF, nothing much; but much chillier now. 45-48 tonight and cool tomorrow. It's OK, house is definitely closed up.

Chicken and Dumplings sound good.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 am

The big snowstorm hit! We actually got enough that they plowed the driveway at 1:30am. :lol: Might even be enough to shovel tomorrow, but only because I'm on crutches and/or the knee scooter. If I could walk, there would be no reason to bother. According to the news, however, a couple of miles makes all the difference in the world...downtown, which is about 4.5 miles south of me, got hit with a bunch, and it's all on top of ice.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. I'm sure that's shocking. :lol: