What's For Dinner?-December 2012

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Ninner

Re: What's For Dinner?-December 2012

Post by Ninner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 am

Church, Merry Christmas to you too, lol. Frost my goodness!!!!!!!

Heather, I like cottage pie just make it with chicken.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am

Ninner, I absolutely will have leftover cookies! I usually give Dan two dozen of each but due to some family issues he isn't having a holiday this year and wouldn't take any. Also, my regular bar nights are being interfered with by the actual holiday, so the 2-3 trays I usually get rid of there won't be going. :lol:

We're in the lull before the storm. House is ready, the food we're providing is ready, and except for my hair still being wrapped in a towel we are ready. I ended up sleeping from about 5:45 until the alarm went off at 8:00, and I'm dyin'. BUT...the freshly ground and brewed coffee is "for guests", so I have to wait. I tried explaining to her that my sisters and their families are not "guests", but she's not buying it. *sigh*

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 am

Felix lol on the coffee, your Mother has your number. Just send Dan's 2 dozen cookies my way. I did receive some peanut butter cookies but they are all gone. Everytime I turned around someone had one in their mouth. I should have hidden them.

Christmas falling on Tuesday is also a date that interfered with me. I have no idea why that is?????

Where is this storm coming from Felix????????? We have one coming from B.C. for Boxing Day. This is the storm that delayed Dd's flight. In the time it took her to get here I could have gone to England with time to spare.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Looks like it will be pasta with chicken after all. My BF saw an unopened package of tortellini in the fridge and asked if I would make that tonight instead. So I will make the tortellini with an Alfredo sauce and add the rest of the chicken to that. Should work out well, and clear out some room in the fridge as well.

Hoping to save a few leftover tortellini to put into a quiche recipe I have been thinking about trying. It is in one of the Trisha Yearwood cookbooks - her normal quiche, but in her notes, she mentions that her husband like to add a handful of the leftover tortellini to the mixture. I first thought it sounded odd, then decided I like the way her husband thinks. Good use of leftovers - and really, why not add noodles stuffed with cheese to a quiche? It sounds really good. Anyway, that will be my plan for Christmas breakfast for myself, with cinnamon rolls for my BF to eat.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Xmas Breakfast I don't do often just for myself, but I might. I have just a little stone crab in the freezer, I also have a croissant; frozen ... 1 lonely sole left from a big pkg. How about a poached egg, croissant, crab and hollandaise. Depending on how I feel ... that just may be my treat.

I'm still going to a friends mid day for an open house; but really just egg nog, punch, a few nibbles (all very light bites); then I can come home and cook for me.

HF, thx for reminding me of breakfast/brunch. I just may have to do that. I could also do an omelette too.

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:30 pm

The masses have left the building! In addition to everything I posted before, we had stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped shrimp, olive/carrot penguins, and some whitefish pate with crackers. And my sister made chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, peanut butter fudge, and our maternal grandmother's caramels.

Ninner, I have NO idea where you'd be getting a storm from! We're not supposed to see anything until a bit of snow on Wednesday, but nothing major. Even our chicken little weather forecasters haven't been too excited about it. There is another huge storm on the west coast just now that's heading our way, but with the lake it's hard to say if it'll hit us or bounce off and go around.

Oh, and it's a bit more than two dozen...I usually give him two dozen of each kind. :lol:

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Heather adding leftover tortellini sounds interesting. I make a lot of frittatas as they are easy & use up what is in the frig. I will have to try this.

At this moment the kids are playing old board games. It was pizza for dinner.

Felix I must have miss read your post. Next storm here is Boxing Day & coming from the West, Dd's area.The storm that delayed her plane. It is expected to be BIG! As far as the 2doz cookies just send me the rest, lol. Now I want peanut butter balls. You guys are killing me.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:03 am

Morning Everyone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

Another chili morning, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I was flat out COLD! 34 yesterday am, 41 today ... that is still way too cold for me.

Both ladies have family in town, so no coking this week.

My son will be over for dinner and presents.

Marinated grilled pork tenderloin; roasted rosemary and garlic potatoes; classic caesar salad; smoked salmon to start and my fave cheese spread. Egg nog, wine, beer, etc.
------------------------

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:13 am

Kim, I don't even feel sorry for you. cold? PLEASE! Come to MN. Right now it is 0, but with windchill feels like -15. Thats cold! :lol:

Dinner last night was pizza. Love pizza.

Tonight is turkey with stuffing, mashed taters with gravy, fried cabbage and fried corn.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am

Merry Christmas Eve right back at you Church & Everyone else!

The plan today is to pick up my order at the German deli. One item I ordered is a Virginia ham which is very hard to get here. Then I still have more wrapping to do.

Holding a drop in at 8pm where I will be serving appetizers. Fresh shrimps, breaded shrimps, pizza requested by Dd, cheeses, cold meats & fresh buns from the deli, 2 cheesecakes.