Created by: breezermom
Created on February 26, 2017
Turkey Burgers With Cranberry-Apple Relish
"The cranberry-apple relish can be made a day ahead, so this can be a great weeknight meal, ready in no time! To change things up, you can use Swiss or Provolone instead of cheddar."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
The Cranberry-Apple Rrlish really sets this Turkey burger apart. We loved it. I used dried sage & parsley and omitted the arugula leaves. Tasty burger that will be made again.
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh)
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices (2 ounces) white cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce per slice)
- 3/4 cup baby arugula leaves
- 4 (6 ounces) bread buns (hamburger buns, toasted, 1 1/2 ounce each)
What You Will Need
- Cooking spray
Place the first 5 ingredients in a mini food processor. Pulse 10 times or until coarsely chopped. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion to the pan; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
Combine onions, breadcrumbs, parsley, sage, pepper, turkey, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring just until combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 4-inch patty.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add patties to the pan; grill 5 minutes. Turn patties; grill 3 minutes. Top each with 1 cheese slice; grill 2 minutes or until the cheese melts and turkey is done.
Divide arugula evenly among the bottom half of buns. Top each serving with 1 patty. Divide the relish evenly among the servings, topping with the top halves of the buns.
- Serving Size: 1 (251.4 g)
- Calories 442.2
- Total Fat - 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 7 g
- Cholesterol - 86.4 mg
- Sodium - 611.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.8 g
- Sugars - 16.6 g
- Protein - 34.7 g
- Calcium - 213.4 mg
- Iron - 2.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 8.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg