Created by: gkwillow
Created on February 22, 2012
Sweet & Savory Kielbasa 'N' Beans
"I usually use cannellini beans when I make this, but other types work just as well. This is excellent served over rice or with cornbread. Good for potlucks, too as it can be kept warm in a crock pot."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (4)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
Simple to make and full of flavor! The amount of sauce was perfect. I served it over brown rice and it was delicious! I will definitely be making this one again..
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage (fully cooked, or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 4 ounces sliced onion (1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced thin)
- 3 ounces red bell pepper (1/2 pepper, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (like A-1)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Cook sausage for 2-3 minutes. Stir in onion and peppers. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
Combine brown sugar, steak sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; stir into skillet. Add beans. Cook and stir until heated through, at least 20 minutes (but I've found that simmering longer to blend the flavors is better!).
- Serving Size: 1 (296.2 g)
- Calories 472.6
- Total Fat - 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 11.4 g
- Cholesterol - 66.4 mg
- Sodium - 1405.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 4.3 g
- Sugars - 18.3 g
- Protein - 15.9 g
- Calcium - 78.4 mg
- Iron - 2.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 44.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg