Created by: Felix4067
Recipe #5813 | Created on June 28, 2012
Categories: Fresh Tomatoes, Salads, Beans, Fruit, Tomato, Vegetables, Beans (String), Make-Ahead, Game/Sports Day, July 4th, Picnic, Potluck, Summer, Refrigerator, Diabetic, High Fiber, Low Calorie, Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Frozen Vegetables (more)
Summer Bean Salad
"Summer dinner recipes for diabetics are my favourite, because fresh vegetables are available in abundance. This one was adapted from a recipe found at the Mayo Clinic website, but tweaked to suit our tastes because that's what I do."
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, with tops, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Combine wax beans, edamame, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
Mix dressing into vegetable mixture, stirring well to coat.
Cover and refrigerate at least three hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
- Calories 246.7
- Total Fat - 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.8 g
- Cholesterol - 6 mg
- Sodium - 472.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber - 5.3 g
- Sugars - 6.2 g
- Protein - 7.2 g
- Calcium - 83 mg
- Iron - 3.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 21.8 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg