Created by: Chef shapeweaver
Created on February 4, 2015
Categories: Breakfast, Comfort Food, Lunch, Main Dish, Pork, Vegetables, Southern, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Pantry/Shelf, Quick Meals, Brunch, Weeknight Meals, Stove Top, Frozen Vegetables (more)
Spam & Vegetable Hash
"I had first posted this recipe to a site that no longer exists back in 2007. The original description follows, I saw the original recipe for this in the "America's Best Brand Name Recipes" cookbook. And I "tweaked" a couple of things in it to more suit my tastes. If desired serve with your favorite biscuit or cornbread recipe.If you don't like Spam©, just substitute the same amount of ham or other cooked meat. " Now I've recently made this recipe with 2 cups of leftover baked potatoes which were diced and they worked just fine. Submitted to " ZAZZ " on 2/4/15. " Keep Smiling :)"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 25mPT25M
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (cubed, thawed)
- 1 can (12 ounce) Spam (diced into small cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas & carrots (leftovers of the same works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper,or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and cook onion until softened.
Add potatoes and spam then cook until lightly browned.
Then add veggies, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Stir occasionally until mixture is heated through.
Top with cheese if desired, and let set for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 (234.9 g)
- Calories 434.3
- Total Fat - 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat - 14.8 g
- Cholesterol - 90.2 mg
- Sodium - 1497.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.2 g
- Sugars - 4 g
- Protein - 20.2 g
- Calcium - 214.9 mg
- Iron - 1.6 mg
- Vitamin C - 5.1 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg