Created by: ImPat
Created on March 19, 2017
Categories: Fresh Tomatoes, Dinner, Shellfish, Crab meat, Pasta, Spaghetti, Fruit, Tomato, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Pantry/Shelf, Quick Meals, Weeknight Meals, Skillet, Stove Top (more)
Spaghettie With Crab, Tomatoes & Basil
"From Recipe+ Oct.'16."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 10mPT10M
- 300 grams dry spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dried chilli flakes, pinch (optional)
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cans (370 grams) crab meat (drained and flaked, 170 gram each can)
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender and drain and then return to pan.
Meanwhile heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add garlic and chilli (if using) and cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant and then add tomatoes and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and then stir in zest and juice and cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated and then remove from heat and stir in the crab.
Combine crab mixture, pasta, capers and basil in a large serving bowl.
For a healthier meal serve with a green salad for extra vegies.
- Serving Size: 1 (246.6 g)
- Calories 393.3
- Total Fat - 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 1 g
- Cholesterol - 55.5 mg
- Sodium - 302.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1 g
- Sugars - 1.8 g
- Protein - 28.4 g
- Calcium - 98.9 mg
- Iron - 3.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 16.3 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg