Created by: ImPat
Created on March 17, 2017
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish, Beef, Steak, Eye Steak, Vegetables, Cucumber, Onions, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Quick Meals, Entertaining, Father's Day, Game/Sports Day, Weeknight Meals, Grill (Electric), Grilling (Outdoor), Stove Top, Non-Dairy, Sandwiches (more)
Smokey BBQ Steak Sandwich
"From Coles supermarket's monthly magazine Oct.'16. Times are estimated."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
- 4 (600 grams) beef rib-eye steaks (150 grams each Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (95 grams Smokey BBQ Sauce, MasterFoods recommended)
- 1 medium brown onion (thinly slice)
- 8 slices (225 grams) bread (toasted, Stone Naked Pane Ci Casa bread)
- 100 grams mayonnaise (1/2 cup Deli style Caramelised Onion Whole Egg Mayonnaise, Praise brand recommended)
- 60 grams baby rocket
- 2 cucumbers (dill cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (mild chilli sauce, MasterFood recommended)
What You Will Need
- Olive oil spray
Combine steak and Smokey BBQ Sauce in a shallow ceramic dish and set aside for 10 minutes to develop flavours.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium heat.
Spray steaks and onion with oil and cook steak for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking and transfer to a plate and cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile cook the onion on the flat grill for 5 minutes or until golden brown, alternative cook in a frying pan if your barbecue does not have a flat plate.
Spread half the bread with Deli style Carmelised Onion Whole Egg Mayonnaise and top with the rocket, steak, onion, cucumber, Mild Chilli Sauce and remaining bread.
- Serving Size: 1 (380.2 g)
- Calories 693.2
- Total Fat - 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 10.1 g
- Cholesterol - 148.9 mg
- Sodium - 1027.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.5 g
- Sugars - 19.1 g
- Protein - 44.9 g
- Calcium - 236.8 mg
- Iron - 4.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 5.9 mg
- Thiamin - 1.4 mg