Created by: SueFreedman
Recipe #5754 | Created on June 19, 2012
"Seafood linguini really doesn't get any better than this recipe, hope you enjoy it as much as my family does"
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced depending on how much you love garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, or more depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound dry linguine, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh parsley
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and bay leaves fennel, garlic stir 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Add wine, tomato paste, paprika, Italian seasoning and hot pepper flakes; Simmer uncovered or part covered over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
Add in the shrimp, stirring to coat. Cook, stirring until shrimp are no longer pink about 6 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
Serve the shrimp and sauce topped over the cooked linguini. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and then with minced parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 (575.8 g)
- Calories 684
- Total Fat - 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.9 g
- Cholesterol - 35.1 mg
- Sodium - 490.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.3 g
- Sugars - 10.6 g
- Protein - 36.3 g
- Calcium - 83.3 mg
- Iron - 4.2 mg
- Vitamin C - 120.5 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg