Created by: Derf
Recipe #4886 | Created on March 12, 2012
Categories: Salads, Side Dishes, Grains, Rice, Brown Rice, North American, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Rim, Add it in the lunch box, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Make-Ahead, Baby Shower, Birthday, Brunch, Christmas, Easter, Entertaining, Fall/Autumn, Father's Day, July 4th, Ladies Luncheon, Mother's Day, New Years, Picnic, Potluck, Regional Holiday, Romantic Dinner, St. Patrick's day, Summer, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Winter, Boil, Hand Mix/Whisk, Refrigerator, Diabetic, Heart Healthy, High Fiber, Low Calorie, Low Fat, No Eggs, Vegetarian, Make it from scratch, Wild Rice (more)
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 cup green or red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots (or fresh in season)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) cartons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or to your liking)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 bunch green or red seedless grapes (optional)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Wash wild rice in 3 changes of hot water, drain. Combine wild rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
In a large bowl,combine cooked and cooled wild rice, brown rice, halved grapes,apricots and green onions. Toss well, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Dressing: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, curry powder, brown sugar and salt. Stir well, cover and chill.
To serve, add dressing to rice mixture, tossing gently to coat. Garnish with whole grapes.
- Serving Size: 1 (138.2 g)
- Calories 130.4
- Total Fat - 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 0.5 g
- Cholesterol - 2.9 mg
- Sodium - 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2 g
- Sugars - 9.8 g
- Protein - 3.3 g
- Calcium - 36.1 mg
- Iron - 0.6 mg
- Vitamin C - 1.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg