Created by: ImPat
Created on December 22, 2016
Prawn, Saffron & Pea Linguine
"From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living September/October 2016. Please note you can freeze the remaining prawn stock for up to 3 months or use as a base for seafood risotto or in a tomato pasta sauce."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
This was awesome we loved it Pat. So much flavor, great textures, quick and easy to make... but best of all it tasted great. My picky dh cleaned his plate. Made FYC tag game..
- Saffron threads (pinch)
- 1 tablespoon water (boiling)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 400 grams shrimp (green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact, reserve shells)
- 500 ml water (2 cups)
- 1/2 small red capsicum (cut into short thin strips)
- 160 grams asparagus (1 bunch), woody ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (or gluten-free cornflour)
- 2 tablespoons light thickened cream
- 125 grams frozen peas (1 cup)
- 125 grams linguine pasta (or gluten-free linguine)
- 50 grams baby spinach (2 cups)
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season and to taste
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Put saffron and boiling water in a small bowl and set aside to infuse.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and add prawn shells and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until shells are golden and then add water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain, reserving stock and discarding prawn shells.
Wipe out frying pan and heat remaining oil in the pan over a high heat and add prawns, capsicum and asparagus and cook, tossing for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns are cooked and then remove and set aside.
Combine cornflour, cream and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of reserved prawn stock in a bowl and add to pan along with saffron and water mixture.
Cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a simmer and then add peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are tender.
Drain pasta and return to the pan over a low heat and then add prawn mixture, pea mixture, spinach, lemon zest and juice and cook, tossing, until heated through and spinach begins to wilt and then season with pepper.
Divide between serving bowls and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 (812 g)
- Calories 777.4
- Total Fat - 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.6 g
- Cholesterol - 308 mg
- Sodium - 1933.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 113.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 18.1 g
- Sugars - 1.9 g
- Protein - 58 g
- Calcium - 217.1 mg
- Iron - 6.3 mg
- Vitamin C - 49.8 mg
- Thiamin - 0.8 mg