Created by: Felix4067
Recipe #7633 | Created on January 6, 2013
Categories: Breakfast, Comfort Food, Casseroles, Side Dishes, Pork, Pork Sausage, Vegetables, Potatoes , Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Pantry/Shelf, Quick Meals, Brunch, Fall/Autumn, Sunday Dinner, Winter, Weeknight Meals, Oven Bake, Processed Cheese (more)
Potato and Smoked Sausage Casserole
"Made this one up as I went along, because I wanted breakfast but needed it to be more substantial for dinner. The measurements are really very close to what I used, but feel free to substitute as you wish to suit your taste...I would."
- 3 to 4 potatoes, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounce) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound sausage, smoked (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, extra-sharp (grated)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Preheat oven to 350F; grease a large casserole dish.
Combine potatoes, onion and melted butter; press onto bottom and up sides of casserole to form a crust.
Lay Pepper Jack cheese on top of potatoes; spread mushrooms over cheese; spread green pepper over mushrooms.
Spread half of sausage over green pepper; spread cheddar cheese next, then finish with remaining sausage.
In a bowl, beat together remaining ingredients; pour over casserole and smooth to edges.
Bake, uncovered, at 350F for an hour, or until completely done and starting to brown.
- Serving Size: 1 (317.6 g)
- Calories 523.2
- Total Fat - 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 15.9 g
- Cholesterol - 239.3 mg
- Sodium - 1176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.1 g
- Sugars - 3.6 g
- Protein - 22.5 g
- Calcium - 250.8 mg
- Iron - 2.3 mg
- Vitamin C - 18.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg