Created by: Derf
Recipe #360 | Created on October 9, 2011
Categories: Condiments, Dinner, Lunch, Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetables, Beet, Cabbage, Onions, Peppers, North American, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Rim, 5 Ingredients Or Less, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Quick Meals, Baby Shower, Entertaining, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Heart Healthy, Low Fat, Vegetarian (more)
Pickled Beet Coleslaw
"Tangy flavourful and a little bit pink !! makes for a pretty presentation. "
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup sweet onions, chopped, walla walla is best
- 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, diced small
- 1/2 cup pickled beets, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon pickle beet juice
- 3 tablespoons no fat mayonnaise
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl whisk together pickle beet juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix well.
Refrigerate at least half an hour before serving
- Serving Size: 1 (147.9 g)
- Calories 87.5
- Total Fat - 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 0.5 g
- Cholesterol - 5.7 mg
- Sodium - 291.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.4 g
- Sugars - 7.2 g
- Protein - 1.3 g
- Calcium - 17.6 mg
- Iron - 0.6 mg
- Vitamin C - 39.7 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg