Created by: meri-rn
Created on October 20, 2012
Pancake Mix Apple Fritters
"A wonderful Fall treat for kids or adults and so easy to make"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
Prep Time: 20mPT20M
Cook Time: 2mPT2M
Ive made these twice the first time with apples and the next time with.... Read more
- 4 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
- Lemon juice, as needed for brushing on apple slices
- 2 cups pancake mix (use the complete mix type)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water or apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Peel and core apples with apple corer. Slice apples into about 1/3-inch slices forming apple rings. Using a pastry brush lightly brush both sides of apple slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Mix the pancake mix, 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar, water or apple juice and nutmeg together until completely blended.
Add oil into a heavy skillet (about 1 inch of oil). Heat oil to approx 350 degrees F (medium heat).
Coat 3-4 apple slices in batter and fry in oil about 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove rings and place on a rack to drain. Repeat with remaining apple rings.
Allow the apple rings cool for a few minutes then lightly coat fritters in powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 (118.5 g)
- Calories 157.6
- Total Fat - 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 0.1 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 41 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.2 g
- Sugars - 20.2 g
- Protein - 0.4 g
- Calcium - 6.4 mg
- Iron - 0.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 0 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg