Created by: QueenBea
Recipe #5724 | Created on June 15, 2012
Categories: Condiments, Dinner, Lunch, Salads, Poultry, Chicken, Fruit, Orange, Vegetables, Carrot, Onions, Asian, Add it in the lunch box, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Kid Pleaser, Kids Can Do It, No-Cook, Quick Meals, Small Batch Cooking, Mother's Day, Summer, No Eggs (more)
Oriental Chicken Salad
"This is a tasty recipe I found in a LA Lite cookbook given to me by Bergy, another fellow Zazzite."
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 packet artificial sweetener
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 5 ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 5 green onions with tops, sliced (I only use 2)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Shake the first 6 ingredients together in a covered jar.
Toss together the lettuce, chicken, carrot, green onions and the ginger dressing.
Place mixture on plate and top with oranges; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 (507.7 g)
- Calories 1117.7
- Total Fat - 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.5 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 1381 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 224 g
- Dietary Fiber - 18.3 g
- Sugars - 117.9 g
- Protein - 12.8 g
- Calcium - 198.2 mg
- Iron - 21 mg
- Vitamin C - 131.2 mg
- Thiamin - 0.8 mg