Created by: ImPat
Created on March 16, 2017
Orange Sweet Potato Patties
"From Recipes+ Oct.'16. Have not included chill time in the times."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 20mPT20M
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
Nice healthy meal. My sweet potatoes were a little on the dry side, I'll be careful with that next time and I might add a little Masala to give them a kick..
- 750 grams sweet potato (coarsely chopped, orange sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (soft fresh)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (chopped, extra)
- 1 can (400 gram) cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or peanut oil)
- 1 cup yogurt (natural)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cucumbers (Lebanese cucumbers, cut into long thin ribbons)
- 1 lettuce (baby cost lettuce, leaves separated)
- Bought raita, to serve
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Place orange sweet potato and the water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 6 minutes or until tender and then let stand for 1 minute and then drain.
Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over moderate heat and add mustard seeds and cook and stir for 30 seconds or until they begin to pop.
Place the breadcrumbs and mint leaves in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Add the orange sweet potato, mustard seeds, cannellini beans, coriander and egg to the breadcrumb mixture and pulse until combined.
Season and shape mixture into 8 patties and place on a plate and cover with plastic food wrap and chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through.
Combine yoghurt, extra mint and zest in a small bowl.
Place patties, cucumber and lettuce on serving plates and serve with the raita.
- Serving Size: 1 (581.4 g)
- Calories 353.4
- Total Fat - 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 1.9 g
- Cholesterol - 54.7 mg
- Sodium - 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 10.6 g
- Sugars - 10.7 g
- Protein - 14.8 g
- Calcium - 193.6 mg
- Iron - 4.6 mg
- Vitamin C - 58.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg