Created by: ShelBell
Recipe #5864 | Created on July 3, 2012
Mixed Herb Compound Butter
"Add this over freshly grilled steaks or hot steamed vegetables. You can slice the butter ahead of time and store it in the freezer, pulling out individual pieces as you need them, can add in one or two garlic cloves for garlic-herb butter"
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley leaves, chopped
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Place butter in the bowl of a stand up mixer with paddle and mix on low speed until very soft and smooth. Add salt and herbs and mix well to blend
Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a tight log and chill for at least 2 hours. .
Slice into 1 tablespoon sized portions and refrigerate or freeze.
- Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
- Calories 826.1
- Total Fat - 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat - 10.2 g
- Cholesterol - 22.8 mg
- Sodium - 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.4 g
- Sugars - 5 g
- Protein - 21.3 g
- Calcium - 128.2 mg
- Iron - 4.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 10.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.7 mg