Created by: JoanWagnerTeller
Created on April 16, 2017
"Potato pancakes, excellent served with warm apple sauce."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 1hPT1H
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
- 4 pounds potatoes (4 large, 1 pound each raw potatoes, peeled and grated)
- 1/2 pound yellow onion (grated, 1 large)
- 2 large eggs, unbeaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (rounded tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable oil, or less)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground, black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Remove excess liquid from grated potatoes and onion using a colander. Then squeeze between paper towels until they are as dry as possible.
Add other ingredients and mix well.
Fry in hot oil, about 3 minutes or till golden, then turn and cook on the other side.
Drain on paper towel.
Serve with warm apple sauce.
Can be frozen between sheets of paper towel. Do not defrost. Put in 350' oven until sizzling.
- Serving Size: 1 (276.7 g)
- Calories 240.5
- Total Fat - 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat - 1.3 g
- Cholesterol - 52.1 mg
- Sodium - 57.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 6 g
- Sugars - 3.9 g
- Protein - 6.1 g
- Calcium - 35.8 mg
- Iron - 1.6 mg
- Vitamin C - 23.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg