Created by: LindasBusyKitchen
Created on November 9, 2011
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish, Salads, Fruit Salad, Side Dishes, Dairy, Cheese, Feta, Fruit, Strawberry, Vegetables, Lettuce , North American, Clone/Copycat Recipes, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, No-Cook, Quick Meals, Small Batch Cooking, Baby Shower, Brunch, Christmas, Easter, Entertaining, Fall/Autumn, Father's Day, Halloween, July 4th, Labor Day, Ladies Luncheon, Mother's Day, New Years, Picnic, Summer, Thanksgiving, Wedding, Winter, Hand Mix/Whisk, Refrigerator, Heart Healthy, Make it from scratch, Spring (more)
Just Like LongHorn's Strawberry Pecan Salad
"This salad is the best salad I have ever eaten. I had it at the Long Horn and have been hooked ever since. It is great served as a salad, or you can add chicken and have it as a meal. PLEASE NOTE: Be sure and dry the fruit well so it doesn't water down the salad. If you want to make your own sugar-glazed pecans melt about 1/2 stick of butter in a small pan, and add about 1/4 cup sugar, and stir to dissolve. Add in nuts, and stir until the sauce thickens. Take off heat and place on waxed paper until glaze hardens on nuts."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
Prep Time: 25mPT25M
Cook Time: 0mPT0M
Hands down the best salad I ever put in my mouth! I made my own.... Read more
- Spring Mix Salad Mix (3 cups, or Baby Leaf Lettuce with the different varities of lettuce, divided)
- 1/2 onion (red onion sliced very thin, and separated into rings, divided)
- 8 strawberries, fresh (cut into thin slices, patted dry, divided)
- 16 green grapes (large, cut in half, patted dry, divided)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges (1/2 can well drained, and patted dry, divided)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans (sugar-glazed pecans, you can make your own or buy them already glazed, Diamond brand makes some that come in a bag, divided)
- Salad dressing (4 tablespoons Maple Grove Farm Raspberry Vinagrette Salad Dressing or any other that you like, Ken's Steak House has a Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Salad Dressing that is very nice also, divided)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Divide the salad greens onto two large plates.
Cut onion into thin slices. Sprinkle salads with red onion rings.
Cut strawberries and grapes. Top greens with strawberry slices, grape halves and mandarin oranges, making sure you wipe fruit with a paper towel to remove any extra moisture.
Make the glazed nuts if you didn't buy the store-bought bags. Let cool.
Sprinkle salads with Feta crumbles and then sprinkle glazed nuts all over salads.
Pour salad dressing on top of salads, and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 (870.1 g)
- Calories 726.1
- Total Fat - 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 5.2 g
- Cholesterol - 15.8 mg
- Sodium - 215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 120.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 20.5 g
- Sugars - 83.9 g
- Protein - 16.4 g
- Calcium - 378.2 mg
- Iron - 2.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 102.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0.5 mg