Created by: ahmafor3
Recipe #2522 | Created on November 14, 2011
Categories: Dinner, Main Dish, Beef, Ground Beef, Pasta, Fruit, Tomato, Vegetables, Onions, Mexican, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Kid Pleaser, Cinco de Mayo, Fall/Autumn, Game/Sports Day, Ladies Luncheon, Winter, Skillet, Stove Top (more)
Hearty Mexican Spaghetti
"This recipe came from a Hints of Hunts newsletter. A twist on the usual spaghetti dish."
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 (14 1/2) ounce can tomatoes,diced in sauce, undrained
- 1 (22 ounce) can whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, undrained ( with red and green peppers)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a dutch oven boil enough water to cook spaghetti. When water is boiling break spaghetti in half and place in water. Cook according to package directions.
While pasta is boiling put ground beef or ground turkey to large skillet and brown. Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat and add undrained tomatoes, mexican corn, green chilies, and onion. Stir to combine and cook until heated through.
Drain pasta and put in a large bowl. Pour meat mixture over spaghetti and toss well to combine. Add shredded cheese on top and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 (442.3 g)
- Calories 1330
- Total Fat - 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 11.3 g
- Cholesterol - 155.4 mg
- Sodium - 725.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 189.4 g
- Dietary Fiber - 20.1 g
- Sugars - 2.9 g
- Protein - 67.6 g
- Calcium - 133.6 mg
- Iron - 7.2 mg
- Vitamin C - 1.2 mg
- Thiamin - 0.6 mg