Created by: HeatherFeather
Created on August 16, 2012
"This is my version of a recipe I saw once on a tv show called Food Safari while living in England. This is a bright, refreshing dip that requires very fresh, seasonal ingredients. I don't measure this at all, so feel free to adjust all of the measurements to your tastes. Make sure your avocados are the soft variety (like Haas), not the more solid Florida type."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 0mPT0M
I followed the recipe as listed with great results. Quick, easy and tasty!! Made for the Alphabet Soup Recipe Tag Game..
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pit removed, chopped
- 1 medium tomato (omit if you can't get them in season), chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 chili pepper (jalapeno or any spicy pepper you prefer), seeded, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- Sea salt, to taste (I use Maldon sea salt, which is flaky)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Combine ingredients together in a serving bowl and mash together, using a fork, until the texture is fairly smooth with a few lumps.
Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 (157.5 g)
- Calories 40.6
- Total Fat - 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat - 0 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.2 g
- Sugars - 7.6 g
- Protein - 0.7 g
- Calcium - 18.8 mg
- Iron - 0.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 9.3 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg