Created by: ImPat
Created on March 17, 2017
Ginger Beef With Sugar Snap Peas
"From Coles supermarket's monthly magazine Oct.'16. Please note 20 minute marinating time is not included in times."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 10mPT10M
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (divided)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 450 grams beef rump (steak, trimmed and thinly sliced against the grain)
- 2 tablespoon oil, divided (canola oil)
- 30 grams gingerroot (peeled and cut into matchstick size strips)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onion (white and green parts separated, sliced diagonally)
- 1 chili pepper (long red chilli, thinly sliced into rings)
- 200 grams snap peas (sugar snap, trimmed and stringed)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300 grams rice stick noodles (wide noodles, cooked, warm)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons soy sauce and cornflour and add the beef and toss to coast and set aside for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours and season beef with salt.
Heat a wok or large heavy frying pan over high heat and 1/2 the canola oil and when smoking, using a slotted spoon, add half the beef and stir fry beef for 2 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a plate and repeat with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil and remaining beef.
Wipe out wok and return to high heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil and when smoking add ginger, garlic, white parts of spring onions, chilli and sugar snap peas and stir fry for 3 minutes or until peas are blackened in spots and crisp tender and then add sherry and toss to coats and then return beef to work and add remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil, green part of spring onions and 1/2 cup (80ml) water and cook for 1 minute to blend the flavours.
Season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Divide noodles among 4 plates and spoon beef over and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 (284.9 g)
- Calories 582.3
- Total Fat - 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 4.9 g
- Cholesterol - 70.9 mg
- Sodium - 1452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 72 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.2 g
- Sugars - 1.7 g
- Protein - 29.1 g
- Calcium - 49.8 mg
- Iron - 2.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 11.7 mg
- Thiamin - 0.7 mg