Created by: ImPat
Created on March 17, 2017
Ginger Beef With Sugar Snap Peas
"From Coles supermarket's monthly magazine Oct.'16. Please note 20 minute marinating time is not included in times."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 10mPT10M
I loved the meat mixture. The rice noodles really didn't absorb any sauce....just sort of slid right off of them. I'd rather use regular noodles, ramen, or rice next time. For the leftovers, I am going to serve over rice and see how that.... Read more
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (divided)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 450 grams beef rump (steak, trimmed and thinly sliced against the grain)
- 2 tablespoon oil, divided (canola oil)
- 30 grams gingerroot (peeled and cut into matchstick size strips)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onion (white and green parts separated, sliced diagonally)
- 1 chili pepper (long red chilli, thinly sliced into rings)
- 200 grams snap peas (sugar snap, trimmed and stringed)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300 grams rice stick noodles (wide noodles, cooked, warm)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons soy sauce and cornflour and add the beef and toss to coast and set aside for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours and season beef with salt.
Heat a wok or large heavy frying pan over high heat and 1/2 the canola oil and when smoking, using a slotted spoon, add half the beef and stir fry beef for 2 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a plate and repeat with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil and remaining beef.
Wipe out wok and return to high heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil and when smoking add ginger, garlic, white parts of spring onions, chilli and sugar snap peas and stir fry for 3 minutes or until peas are blackened in spots and crisp tender and then add sherry and toss to coats and then return beef to work and add remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil, green part of spring onions and 1/2 cup (80ml) water and cook for 1 minute to blend the flavours.
Season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Divide noodles among 4 plates and spoon beef over and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 (284.9 g)
- Calories 582.3
- Total Fat - 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 4.9 g
- Cholesterol - 70.9 mg
- Sodium - 1452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 72 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.2 g
- Sugars - 1.7 g
- Protein - 29.1 g
- Calcium - 49.8 mg
- Iron - 2.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 11.7 mg
- Thiamin - 0.7 mg