Created by: ImPat
Created on March 16, 2017
Garlic Salt & Pepper Prawns
"From Super Food Ideas Oct.'16"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 10mPT10M
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ground peppercorn (dried, medley a mix of peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 600 grams raw shrimp (peeled prawns, tails intact)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chilli pepper (long red, finely chopped)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Warm pita bread, to serve
- Iceberg lettuce wedges, to serve
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Combine flour, pepper and salt in a large snap-lock bag and add the prawns, seal bag and shake to coat prawns in flour mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook half the prawns, gently tossing, for 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through and then transfer to a bowl and repeat with 2 tablespoons or remaining oil and prawn mixture.
Return prawns to pan and add coriander, garlic, chilli, lemon juice and remaining oil and cook, tossing gently for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Serve prawns with warm pita, lettuce and lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 (239.6 g)
- Calories 262.7
- Total Fat - 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat - 2.1 g
- Cholesterol - 188.9 mg
- Sodium - 1435.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.6 g
- Sugars - 1.6 g
- Protein - 21.9 g
- Calcium - 109.8 mg
- Iron - 1.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 39.5 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg