Created by: ImPat
Created on March 17, 2017
Fusili With Lamb & Artichoke Ragu
"From Coles supermarket's monthly magazine Oct.'16."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 300 grams lamb (leg steak, cut in 1cm pieces)
- 1 jar (400 gram) garlic sauce (Red Wine and Garlic Sauce, Barilla brand recommended)
- 500 gram dry fusilli pasta (Barilla brand recommended)
- 125 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 artichoke heart (whole, halved)
- 80 grams parmesan cheese, shaved
- Thyme sprigs, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, extra to serve
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Heat half the oil in a casserole pan over medium het and add onion, garlic and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is golden and then transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining oil in the pan and add the lamb and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned and then season.
Add Red and Wine and Garlic Sauce and onion mixture and bring to a simmer and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until just al dente and then drain.
Add pasta to the lamb ragu with tomato and artichoke and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes or until heated through.
Divide among serving bowls and top with parmesan and thyme and drizzle with a little extra oil to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
- Calories 873.3
- Total Fat - 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat - 12.1 g
- Cholesterol - 109.3 mg
- Sodium - 779.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 14.7 g
- Sugars - 2.3 g
- Protein - 45.7 g
- Calcium - 216.3 mg
- Iron - 3.2 mg
- Vitamin C - 8.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.4 mg