Created by: Kittencal
Created on June 17, 2015
Easy Moist Delicious Onion Pork Chops
"I'm not going to tell you how good this is, just see for yourself! This recipe takes minutes to prep, you can even do the prep an evening before, refrigerate overnight then pop it in the oven when you get home from work. I have listed 4 chops you can increase or decrease amount, cooking time listed is for 1 1/2 inch thick chops (my chops were very thick) you can use chops that are minimum 1-inch thickness however cooking time will need to be decreased slightly, for the very best flavor use bone-in chops"
- 2 3/4 to 3 pounds pork rib chops (4 bone-in center-cut 1-1/2 inches thick, can use thinner chops)
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper (no salt the onion soups has enough sodium!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full-fat Hellman's or Best Foods, can use more, the more the better, the chops must be heavily coated with the mayo)
- 1 package dry onion soup (1 package for 4 chops, you could use 2 packets if you want for more onion flavor)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
Season chops with garlic powder and pepper.
Heat 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, then brown both sides of the chops very well. Transfer to baking dish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Using a pastry brush, generously coat both sides of the chops evenly with the mayonnaise, the chops must be heavily coated with the mayo.
Empty the envelopes of soup mix in a bowl and combine with garlic powder, then transfer to a flat surface; using a back of a spoon or rolling pin crush up the soup mix as best you can. Evenly sprinkle over the tops only (at this point you can refrigerate the chops until ready to cook them).
Bake uncovered for about 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature is about 160°F - since the meat continues to cook for about 10 minutes after I remove from oven before 160, my oven took 40 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 (442.4 g)
- Calories 703.3
- Total Fat - 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat - 13 g
- Cholesterol - 177.2 mg
- Sodium - 1672.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.3 g
- Sugars - 6.1 g
- Protein - 59.9 g
- Calcium - 78.6 mg
- Iron - 2.4 mg
- Vitamin C - 11 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg