Created by: Bergy
Created on April 13, 2017
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish, Pork, Ham, Vegetables, Carrot, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Christmas, Fall/Autumn, Father's Day, Sunday Dinner, Winter, Dutch Oven, Stove Top, Gluten-Free, No Eggs, Non-Dairy, Water (more)
Cottage Ham With Veggies
"This recipe is from All Recipes with some modification from me. It is simple and very good. The ham is moist and loded with flavour. Serve with mustard. The original recipe called for the veggies to cook along with the ham for 55 minutes . I found this to be far too long. I recommend in my version that you start the ham alone add veggies sometime later as you'll see in my version. Watch you do not overcook the veggies."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 45mPT45M
- 3 pound whole ham (cottage ham)
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (4 medium potatoes,peeled, cut in half lengthwise)
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans (ends nipped, cut in half)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced (peeled, thickly sliced)
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots (6 medium new carrots, scraped, cut in half)
- Water (enough to cover the ham & veggies)
What You Will Need
- Dutch Oven or heavy pot with lid
Place the ham in a Dutchoven.
Cover.over with water, place a lid on and bring to a boil.
When boiling turn down the heat to simmer, continue cooking, lid on for 15 minutes.
Arrange the veggies around the ham.
Continue to keep the pot simmering with the lid on until the veggies are cooked (apprx 25-30 minutes).
Slice the ham & serve with the veggies.
- Serving Size: 1 (777.1 g)
- Calories 763.9
- Total Fat - 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat - 9.4 g
- Cholesterol - 180.3 mg
- Sodium - 4683.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber - 10.9 g
- Sugars - 11.5 g
- Protein - 67.8 g
- Calcium - 127.4 mg
- Iron - 5.2 mg
- Vitamin C - 29.1 mg
- Thiamin - 3.3 mg