Created by: AustinVegLiving
Recipe #3759 | Created on December 30, 2011
Categories: Desserts, Fancy/Entertaining, Puddings, Tofu/Soy, Kid Pleaser, Make-Ahead, Pantry/Shelf, Entertaining, Potluck, Romantic Dinner, Valentine's Day, Food Processor, Refrigerator, High Protein, No Eggs, Vegan, Vegetarian (more)
Chocolate Mousse Pie
"This recipe can be a pie or a mousse. It has pleased many an omnivore, even some who were not interested in eating tofu. Cook time is refrigeration time."
- 2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips (buy a 12 oz. bag)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes extra-firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (such as Real Salt)
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust, such as Wholly Wholesome Truly Natural Chocolate Pie Crust from Whole Foods Market (optional) or make your own chocolate wafer pie crust (optional)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
In a food processor, combine the other ingredients and process until smooth.
Add the chocolate and process until thoroughly combined.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 (126.6 g)
- Calories 277.4
- Total Fat - 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.6 g
- Cholesterol - 7.6 mg
- Sodium - 59.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.3 g
- Sugars - 9 g
- Protein - 10.7 g
- Calcium - 197.5 mg
- Iron - 2.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 0.7 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg