Created by: TexanerinCook
Created on July 5, 2014
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main Dish, Poultry, Chicken, Vegetables, Broccoli, Asian, Chinese, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Quick Meals, Weeknight Meals, Skillet, Wok/Stir-Fry, Boneless Pieces (more)
Chinese Noodles With Chicken & Broccoli
"An easy and delicious Chinese-style recipe, pretty much like the Chinese restaurant. If you like things spicy, add 1/2 tsp or more of hot Asian chili sauce"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 25mPT25M
Cook Time: 10-15mPT10-15M
I scaled back for 2 serves and used udon noodles and a mix of broccoli and broccolini florets and I also used about 3 serves of chicken thigh meat, otherwise made as per recipe and the DS and I were wishing I had made more for it was just so.... Read more
- 3/4 to 1 pound dry noodles (Chinese noodles, cooked, follow directions on the package for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable oil)
- 3/4 to 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips or chicken thighs)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms (fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, thinly sliced)
- 6 ounces carrots (2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 3/4 pound fresh broccoli (trimmed, broken into florets and stems sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock or water)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water (coldO
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced (sliced on the diagonal)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Rinse cooked noodles with cold water and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and garlic to pan. Cook a few minutes, until chicken loses its raw appearance. Remove from pan and reserve. Clean pan if needed, then add 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
Add mushrooms and carrots to pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for a few minutes, until it turns bright green. Add stock, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
Add noodles and chicken. Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, tossing gently until noodles have absorbed the liquid and everything is very hot. To thicken sauce, combine water with cornstarch, then add to noodles. Cook until thick. Toss in green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 (461.7 g)
- Calories 842.9
- Total Fat - 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat - 10 g
- Cholesterol - 205.3 mg
- Sodium - 1127.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 4.6 g
- Sugars - 6.3 g
- Protein - 55.5 g
- Calcium - 82.4 mg
- Iron - 5.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 6.7 mg
- Thiamin - 1.7 mg