Created by: Axe
Recipe #1173 | Created on October 23, 2011
Chili - Modified Wendy's Style
"This is my version of a 'Wendy's' style chili. As usual, I put in LOTS of garlic but this is optional. Top this with some shredded cheddar cheese, serve with garlic bread and you've got a hit! Always tastes better the next day."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 5 -10 garlic cloves (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup mushroom pieces (1 can drained)
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 3/4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste (optional)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
Crumble the cooked beef with a fork into pea sized pieces.
In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
Simmer over low heat 2-3 hours stirring frequently.
- Serving Size: 1 (485.1 g)
- Calories 391.5
- Total Fat - 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat - 5.9 g
- Cholesterol - 86.8 mg
- Sodium - 933.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 5.8 g
- Sugars - 5 g
- Protein - 33.2 g
- Calcium - 96.4 mg
- Iron - 5.5 mg
- Vitamin C - 9.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg