Created by: Axe
Created on October 23, 2011
Categories: Comfort Food, Chili, Beans, Beef, Ground Beef, Vegetables, Mexican, North American, Budget-Friendly, Cooking For A Crowd, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Fall/Autumn, Father's Day, Game/Sports Day, Sunday Dinner, Winter, Stove Top, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, Low Carbohydrate, No Eggs, Non-Dairy, Make it from scratch (more)
Chili - Modified Wendy's Style
"This is my version of a 'Wendy's' style chili. As usual, I put in LOTS of garlic but this is optional. Top this with some shredded cheddar cheese, serve with garlic bread and you've got a hit! Always tastes better the next day."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 20mPT20M
Cook Time: 3hPT3H
I made this in the crock-pot, letting it simmer on low for 8 hours and it was a hit. Served at a pot-luck dinner..
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (29 ounce) tomato sauce (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 1 can (29 ounce) kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 can (29 ounce) pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 to 10 garlic cloves (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom (pieces, 1 can drained)
- 1/4 cup diced celery, diced
- 3 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 3/4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Pinch garlic powder, to taste (optional)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
Crumble the cooked beef with a fork into pea sized pieces.
In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
Simmer over low heat 2-3 hours stirring frequently.
- Serving Size: 1 (478.7 g)
- Calories 349.8
- Total Fat - 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 5.4 g
- Cholesterol - 81 mg
- Sodium - 1164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 6.6 g
- Sugars - 6.7 g
- Protein - 32.3 g
- Calcium - 99.4 mg
- Iron - 5.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 21.4 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg