Created by: ImPat
Created on January 2, 2018
"From Super Food Ideas May '17."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (1)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 25mPT25M
Made for Pick Me! Tag Game because I had 4 chicken breasts thawed & we like all variations of the piccata genre. Some of the breasts were larger than the recipe suggested & needed flattening w/my meat mallet. IMO this recipe was all about the.... Read more
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (plain)
- 600 grams boneless chicken breast (4 small fillets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 40 grams butter
- 2 escahalots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme leaves (fresh, plus extra to serve)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tub (300 ml) thickened cream (light, for cooking)
- 1 lemon,whole (small lemon, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained and rinsed baby capers)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Mash potato, to serve
- 200 grams green beans (steamed, to serve)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Place flour in a large snap-lock bag and season with salt and pepper and then place chicken in the snap-lock bag and seal bag and shake to coat chicken in the seasoned flour.
Heat 1/2 the oil and 1/2 the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken to the pan, shaking off excess flour and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Add remaining oil and remaining butter to a frying pan and add eschalot, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring for 32 to 3 minutes or until eschalot has softened and then add chicken stock, lemon juice and cream to the pan and season with salt and pepper and stir in to combine and bring to a simmer and return chicken to the pan and reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
Add lemon slices to pan and remove from heat and sprinkle with capers, parsley and extra thyme.
Serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.
- Serving Size: 1 (383.2 g)
- Calories 478.4
- Total Fat - 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat - 16.5 g
- Cholesterol - 188.8 mg
- Sodium - 1137 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3.5 g
- Sugars - 3.1 g
- Protein - 24.2 g
- Calcium - 125.8 mg
- Iron - 2.9 mg
- Vitamin C - 38.6 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg