Created by: FloJo9
Recipe #5854 | Created on July 2, 2012
Categories: Comfort Food, Dinner, Main Dish, Casseroles, Poultry, Chicken, Budget-Friendly, Cooking With Condensed Soup, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Freezer (OAMC), Kid Pleaser, Make-Ahead, One-Bowl Does it!, Quick Meals, Brunch, Game/Sports Day, Weeknight Meals, Oven Bake, No Eggs (more)
"This is one I make for the family all the time and everyone loves it. If I'm working in the morning I usually prepare the whole casserole the night before so when I come home from work the next day I just pop it in the oven, since this freezes well before or after cooking it I sometimes make two pans and freeze one for another meal, it must be completely thawed before baking it"
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh is the best to use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Crushed potato chips, just use as much as you like
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. In a bowl mix chicken with remaining ingredients, except potato chips and paprika.
Pour chicken mixture into greased casserole dish. Top with crushed potato chips and sprinkle lightly with the paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 (374.1 g)
- Calories 1427.5
- Total Fat - 129.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 39.6 g
- Cholesterol - 332 mg
- Sodium - 653 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.8 g
- Sugars - 15.7 g
- Protein - 41.2 g
- Calcium - 47.6 mg
- Iron - 2.7 mg
- Vitamin C - 2.3 mg
- Thiamin - 0.3 mg