Created by: Sue Lau
Created on June 4, 2013
Chicken and Penne with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
"Nicely different way to serve chicken with pasta- great with the sweet roasted flavor of red peppers."
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 15mPT15M
Cook Time: 20mPT20M
- CREAMY RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 8 ounces red pepper (fire roasted, drained if jarred)
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or a blend
- FOR THE PASTA
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (trimmed and sliced)
- 1/2 cup onion, slivered
- 8 ounces mushrooms (fresh, quartered)
- 12 ounces jarred artichokes (drained and chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
Puree roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, and heavy cream in a food processor.
Heat oil in a large skillet; add onions and chicken, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cook until chicken is about halfway done.
Then add white balsamic vinegar and mushrooms, cooking further until mushrooms and chicken are done.
Stir in artichokes, basil leaves and red pepper sauce, heating until hot and basil is wilted.
Toss mixture with cooked penne pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 (343.7 g)
- Calories 318.5
- Total Fat - 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 3.8 g
- Cholesterol - 79.2 mg
- Sodium - 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber - 8.5 g
- Sugars - 2.9 g
- Protein - 30 g
- Calcium - 93.4 mg
- Iron - 2.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 39.7 mg
- Thiamin - 0.2 mg