Created by: threefish
Created on March 18, 2012
Categories: Dinner, Side Dishes, Vegetables, Cauliflower, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Quick Meals, Entertaining, Sunday Dinner, Weeknight Meals, Skillet, Stove Top, Vegetarian, Make it from scratch, Kosher Dairy (more)
"I got this recipe from Gina's SkinnyTaste food blog. They are amazingly good, and fairly good for you, too!"
|Add to Recipebook||Add Your Photo|
|Add to Menu||Add Private Note|
|Add to Shopping List||Add to Planner|
|Rate / Review Recipe (0)||Send to Email|
|Save recipe / favorites||Print This Recipe|
Prep Time: 10mPT10M
Cook Time: 15mPT15M
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower (steamed and roughly chopped, I used 1 large head)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used regular white flour)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (I used regular grated parmesan from the canister)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water (hot, I needed to add a little more water)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided- used for frying the fritters)
What You Will Need
No special items needed.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.
On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time.
Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes.
Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serving Size: 1 (70.9 g)
- Calories 110.5
- Total Fat - 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat - 1.5 g
- Cholesterol - 37.4 mg
- Sodium - 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.8 g
- Sugars - 0.8 g
- Protein - 4.5 g
- Calcium - 61.9 mg
- Iron - 0.8 mg
- Vitamin C - 19 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg